• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pickiness

S

Simple_fear85

Ok everyone here is something that I find very amusing yet frustrating to me. The way I am with my phones I want it to be set a certain way. the screens with certain apps in it. Have any of you ever find yourself always changing the way the screens look every couple days? What i find to myself useless is a clock on the screen when there is also another close on the notification bar. I am simple with my screen layouts, but picky. Anyone have any good ideas or a site where I can go to to give me ideas so I dont find myself always changing it? apps, widgets...ect.

So do you want to find one setup and stick with it forever, or do you want to change it every few days?

If the latter, Themer makes it stupid-simple to completely change the look of your homescreen in just a few seconds. That said, I couldn't use the app long-term as I prefer to manually position all my widgets and shortcuts. I'm much more interested in functionality than appearance.

Upvote 0
if you don't like the clock get rid of it... from the homescreen.

in most phone sub-forums... there is a thread about: homescreens.
people share their homescreens and how they set it up. you can get a lot of good ideas there. There should be one in your phone's sub-forum.

I also recommend launchers...to help customize more.
I use ADW Launcher.

Upvote 0
A launcher is just an app which provides the homescreens and app drawer. It has no effect on system menus, and hence none on the disable function.

There are many less bloated launchers than Go ;). I use either Nova or Apex (very similar, I occasionally swap). Funnily enough I do have a clock on my main screen, but I often hide the notifications bar instead (a feature both launchers I've mentioned include).

If you want ideas, there's a huge "post your homescreens" thread in the Android Themes section here, and most device sections have them too. Mycolorscreen.com is a resource for people who want to be arty about it (this is where the Themer app comes from).

Upvote 0
For an ultra customisable widget i recommend Zooper Pro :thumbup:
To give one far from professional example of this, this is my current homescreen:

68230d1393677183-post-your-htc-one-homescreens-uploadfromtaptalk1393677178630.jpg

There are 4 Zooper widgets on that screen: the clock, the date, the status bars and the Music icon (which actually just launches PowerAmp). Just picked this as it shows some of the different things you can do with this one widget.

The status bar is also customised, but is hidden in this image (I use a swipe gesture to show/hide it).

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I gotta check this zooper widgets out. i finally came on to an idea and decided to use nova prime launcher. Used it before and loved it. I guess what I was annoyed with the stock launcher was the fact that it had the 5 screens and I only used one. So that is a good thing that the nova launcher let me just use one. and its not bloated either. thanks again guys.

Upvote 0
To give one far from professional example of this, this is my current homescreen:

68230d1393677183-post-your-htc-one-homescreens-uploadfromtaptalk1393677178630.jpg

There are 4 Zooper widgets on that screen: the clock, the date, the status bars and the Music icon (which actually just launches PowerAmp). Just picked this as it shows some of the different things you can do with this one widget.

The status bar is also customised, but is hidden in this image (I use a swipe gesture to show/hide it).

Out of curiosity how did you customize the status bar? and other than zooper widget. love zooper widget but want more lol

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity how did you customize the status bar? and other than zooper widget. love zooper widget but want more lol
Customising the status bar requires root.

Some ROMs include options for customising it. Otherwise you can do it by replacing images in the systemUI and framework-res apps (both system apps). There's a website (the "UOT kitchen") which can be used to make these modifications from a menu of options, or for full control you can do it by hand yourself. I've done all three ways, but all of them require root, either to flash a custom ROM or to modify system apps (and you should always take a full system backup before messing system apps, in case you do something wrong).

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones