1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Picking a new phone...

1. linedpaper

linedpaper New Member

Hey All,

I'm looking to switch to an Android phone, coming from an iPhone 4. I'm currently on AT&T, but I am open to changing carriers. I'm between two phones at the moment and looking for insight and/suggestions. The HTC One X+ is on the list. It has a better camera and quad core over my other option the Maxx HD which has a better battery and carrier. Any suggestions? My must have list is:

At least 32gb storage
    Good Camera
    Decent/good battery life
    Fast
    4g

Is there anything else I should be looking at other than these two? I'm having trouble weighing what is more important. I'm concerned about the battery life and carrier (AT&T) on the HTC One X+, but for the Maxx HD I'm concerned about the camera and the dual core instead of quad core processor. I'm not looking for super nice photos, but I do use the camera quite a bit to take quick pictures of my 7 month old, so I want them to look good.

Thanks,
    Tim

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Have you considered taking a look at the Galaxy S3? :)
  3. linedpaper

linedpaper New Member

I have, I don't like the plastic feel of it. It just feels kind of cheap to me. Why would you suggest it over either of these options?
  4. Mexjoker

Well because it did match thy specifications you wanted, but I didn't see it in the list.

LG Optimus G also meets the specs, except for the 32Gb of internal. It is also quad core and 4G

Here are the specs if you are interested
    [URL/http://www.google.com/m?hl=en&q=LG+Optimus+G+specs]LG Optimus G specs[/URL]
  5. linedpaper

linedpaper New Member

I'm a bit scared of LG phones, I haven't read good things about support for the hardware, etc. I did consider the S3 when I started looking, but the specs were very similar to the Maxx HD and I like the Maxx HD better for battery life. I'm worried about the camera and 1gb of RAM with the Maxx HD though.
  6. Mexjoker