Picking up new 32 Gig card - does it need to be formatted?

Last Updated:

1. ProRezOnline

ProRezOnline Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Or just taken out and stuck in the phone?

Advertisement
  2. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

You can format it in the phone...never hurts to. Might lose a few kb or memory or maybe a few megs, no big deal.

How much you paying for it?

Oh, and you shouldn't have to format, I always format my cards though, so my device it is used in, formats it, so no chance of "foreign" errors

ProRezOnline likes this.
  3. ProRezOnline

ProRezOnline Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm still looking. I expect around $100=110. I'd like to get a class 6 to speed up the process... How do you format the card in the phone??

4. jflexe99

Settings>SD Card and Phone Storage>Format External SD

ProRezOnline likes this.
  5. jflexe99

I don't know of any class 6 ones out yet, just class 2 from SanDisc. I believe verizon is selling them for 90....

6. polo1000rr

polo1000rr Member

You can get them on ebay for cheap. 10 -35 bucks!!

7. Raezza

Raezza New Member

Hello everyone, been lurking and learning for a while, so here I am giving up my virginity on something I am good at... shopping.

Advice I have heard has been to stay clear of those 'cheap' great deal microsd cards on ebay, very many counterfeits out there.

Samsung is rumored to be making a 32GB class 6 card but so far I have not found it available.

The only real temptation I have to share is at (p/n TF-32GB-C6) 32GB ATP Transflash MSDHC Micro Secure Digital Class 6 High Capacity Card with Adapter

I am a bit worried about this because ATP does not have the 32GB Class 6 microsd product line on their website. I sent ATP an email asking for clarification and actually just spoke with a live person over there, they acknowledged my email and said they would reply to my email. As soon as I hear something I will update...

Raezza

8. jflexe99

Don't listen to Polo...32g cards won't be that cheap for many years....

9. polo1000rr

polo1000rr Member

Go to ebay. They are there. Don't know if some are fake but my co worker got one about a week ago and his works just fine. He paid around 20 bucks. Some might be faulty im not sure. It worked out for him. here is a link where i saw some and i can ask him exactly where he got his.

sorry i cant post the link for some reason. Just go to ebay and search for 32g micro sd.

10. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

ask him to fill up the 32 gigs, it wont, the cheap sd cards you see on ebay are counterfeit, probably a 4 or 8 gb that has been flashed to show that it has 32 gb (even to the phone) but when you try to fill it it wont work.

EDIT: read the comments here: http://www.pocketpccentral.net/newscenter/2010/05/12/32gb-microsd-cards-now-available-on-ebay/

11. polo1000rr

polo1000rr Member

Oh I see!! Thanks, for the correct info and sorry for the wrong info. Guess ill go pop my biddies bubble now!!

12. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

yeah, hes gunna be pissed

13. jflexe99

Thats why a good deal like that...is not a deal, its a rip off. I will pay 130 or a little more for a class 6 32g when they come

14. Raezza

Raezza New Member

Sorry, ATP's response was:

[FONT=&quot]Currently the largest card in Mass production is the 16GB, I am not sure why Memoryx is posting but ill have them pull it today. I am told however we should have mass production of the commercial grade 32GB micro SD in Q1. I have attached a ATP presentation for you to review if you need any memory products please let me know[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So back to waiting if you want a class 6 32GB microsd card :([/FONT]