• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PicMe, new awesome Screen Grabber/Screenshotter

G8D

Android Enthusiast
Sep 2, 2009
Just looking through recent releases and found this little gem, <50 downloads so far. It is very useful, you simply connect to the web and copy the IP into your PC browser and VOILA! Your phones screen is in your web browser.

It is still image and manual refresh only, for now.

The only bad thing about it is the annoying shutter sound it makes when it is refreshed :p

Try it out guys, its free and good at what it does.

REQUIRES ROOT

...and as for all screen grabbers until now, requires root. FYI.

Sorry KlaymanDK :)

In the ADP2 i come across this app called Drocap which allows you to take screen-shots of your phone without Root!

I downloaded it and tried it out and yes it worked! Does nicely too :D

The problem is I looked on the Market and the developer is not on their nor the app , I also done a Google search and come across a Tweet which seems like its from the Dev saying Drocap will not be able to work with 1.6 because the Exploits would no longer work :(

Such a useful app but released a little too late , I hope he can get it working!

Carl C ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones