Pics always load or send in landscape even if they are supposed to be in portrait is there a fix?Support

Last Updated:

1. Flavio60

Flavio60 Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Captivate since day one and i love it the only thing that bugs me is that if i have a pic taking portrait anytime i send it or upload to facebook it automatically changes it to landscape view and the same when recieving pics i go in and manually edit the pics so when i go to my gallery it shows them in portrait but anytime i try and send it never fails goes straight back to lanscap anyone else have this prob?

Advertisement
  2. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain that this is an android OS issue.

3. c00ldevil

c00ldevil New Member

I have the same issue.its really annoying..just for the heck of it I tried rotating it clockwise to are if it flips, but same effect still thinks that the original was a potrait and rotates it counter clockwise..same effect while uploading to picasa and gmail as well...

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I think it's Facebook not honoring the embedded orientation info, which the phone does. I've noticed this too.

I've used the free app "Reduce Photo Size" which has a rotate function in it to save a new forced-rotated version to then upload to Facebook when it's giving me grief.

jpovis likes this.