Pics of my Incredible setup in the SubaruAccessories

Last Updated:

1. MarkyD

MarkyD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a 1998 Subaru Impreza wagon. I have a really great phone with excellent turn by turn navigation, and accessories that don't exist. Man, I have never had such a horrible phone in terms of accessory support from the OEM. Ridiculous.

Anyway, moving on...I really do love the phone. I needed a way to pipe it through my speakers for Pandora, music, etc. I also needed a good, secure mount, and a way to charge.

For the power, I just ran a stock motorola micro-usb car charger up behind the center console/dash area, and out the vent. For aux input to the car stereo, I used a RCA>headphone jack, from the back of the head unit (RCAs) and out of the vent (headphone).

Finally, for mounting, I used the Tetrax XWAY, which I got from Think Geek.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. NEXUSorBUST

NEXUSorBUST Well-Known Member

which case do you have on it?

3. winstonoboogie

winstonoboogie Well-Known Member

4. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

How does the mount work? Is there something on the back of your phone that sticks to the mount?

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a little metal ring/clip, thing, lol..

6. slowhat

slowhat Well-Known Member

looks nice. my Xway should be in my mailbox today. can't wait. looks like the best mount out there, and no #$^&!@ suction cups!!

7. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I like the way that Xway looks but my RX300 doesn't lend itself to easy mounting options. The position of the vents means that I can't do any vent mounting at all.

8. MarkyD

MarkyD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll take some better pics in the daylight today. thanks for the kind words.

interestingly, I noticed that I definitely have the screen grounding issue when plugged into my (properly grounded) cigarette lighter. ARGH!

9. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I like that backround, where can I get that?

10. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

Can you post a pic of what the thing on the back of your phone looks like? The Xway looks cool, and vent mounting makes sense considering how my phone keeps overheating doing GPS. Also, what made you choose the x model over the standard one?

11. poland626

poland626 Well-Known Member

Where can I get the clip?

12. slowhat

jpr18 - i'm not the OP but i j ust got my Xway today. there's four discs in the kit to choose from for the back of the phone or case. i used the one that is next to the smallest. it's about the size of a dime and thickness of a nickel at the thickest part. the disc is kinda pregnant looking but tiny. not intrusive at all. i'll try to take a pic tomorrow and post it here.

poland626 - you can get it from thinkgeek.com, but I used the manufacturer's site store.tetrax.us - EGO Line and it was 2 bucks shipping and i ordered it thursday night and had it today.
    I ordered the Xway because the rubber "X" offers a little extra support when pushing on the screen, etc. it's supposed to be for GPS and meant to offer more support.

13. slowhat

i bought the bodyglove case. it's ugly, but me likey. and with the Tetrax system it is perfect. here's why.
    here's the case:
    [​IMG]
    the hole you see is where a belt clip would attach or if not using a beltclip, that is where the plug would go.
    If you take the plug out and remove the rubberized coating from it, there is a smooth plastic surface perfect for mounting the second to smallest disc. as seen here:
    [​IMG]
    once that plug is snapped back in it is now officially an awesome combo. the disc is flush and only the bubble sticks up but it's barely raised. (unless of course you use the belt clip. if you do this combo is not for you.)
    [​IMG]