Pics of the phone in the Red-Black Gradient CaseAccessories

Last Updated:

1. cmantelope

cmantelope Well-Known Member

After calling my local V stores...and getting the "no, nothing, and if we did, not until Thursday" routine....I just went into a V store this afternoon that I had already called...and maybe because I was in person...they went in the back, and brought out 1 case each of what they had for the Incredible...bought the red/black case....and man does it look great...I don't have the phone yet...but the "gradient" effect is much more subtle than any pic I've seen yet - and it feels like a very satisfying blend of hard (sturdy) - won't stretch out at all...and soft, as I imagine the actual back of the phone to be...

Phone to arrive tomorrow...will post pics with it on, outside light for best estimate

This thread was very helpful - thanks all for your input

2. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

When you get it, it says there is a coin slot in the bottom right of the phone.

Says to put a nickel in it and turn. It's not hard at all to get it open.

Now I don't know how hard it will be with the phone actually in it because I don't have the phone yet.

But I will let you know today when I get it. I doubt it will be much harder with a nickel
  3. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

A hard case would provide better protection for the device if you dropped it though.
  4. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

i second this...i have the gradient case on my phone and i love everything about it.

it really looks great, business and play at the same time. looks much better in person than the pics online. highly recommend
  5. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

can i buy this at the store?
  6. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq Well-Known Member

Under what logic do you think this is the case? Silicone or rubber cases absorb some of the impact in a fall whereas a hard case does not...
  7. Mr. Spontaneous

Mr. Spontaneous Well-Known Member

8. Eshyn

Eshyn Well-Known Member

9. Nicks

Nicks Active Member

^^ whats the price for the Verizon store price.
  10. heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn Well-Known Member

24.99 for case

11.99 or 12.99 for pack of 3 screen protectors.
  11. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

Also, in my experience the hard snap-together type cases seem to rub off some of the phones paint over time
  12. Eshyn

Eshyn Well-Known Member

I was actually given 25% off the silicone case so it ended up being 14.99.
  13. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

LOL! You took the words...:D
  14. heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn Well-Known Member

Yes, 25% off if you have a work discount or buy 3 or more items, but retail is 24.99 I believe.
  15. Galette

Galette Member

I bought this case this afternoon at the verizon store.
    Pre-Ordered my phone this morning and checked my order status. Should be at my home tomorrow :)
  16. Jodiuh

Jodiuh Well-Known Member

Fry's has this for $20 in there GPS mount dept. It's got different packaging, but looks identical otherwise. (just picked one up today!)

^this is what I thought and one of the reasons I went w/ the High Gloss Silicon case.

OP: Nice pics, looks great!
  17. Mr. Spontaneous

Hard cases transfer the impulse around the phone and can crack (a good thing), silicone just cushions the point of impact.
  18. DanishDevil

DanishDevil Active Member

Got my Incredible on the way, and wanted to call a CSR and order one of these and some screen protectors (since SGP isn't offering their yet) and the lady said that the product number wasn't showing up in their system at all. My local VZW store is completely sold out on Incredibles and accessories, and they're getting some in on Thursday. Going to get there early to see if I can snag one of these. I hope they have one!
  19. This_Is_Kyle

This_Is_Kyle Well-Known Member

Every Verizon store I've been to has ZERO Incredible accessories. Pretty annoying.
  20. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

i wonder what this guys email is..
  21. cocushio

cocushio New Member

i went to a couple of stores and couldn't find this case. i don't even see it online anymore, though i recall seeing it when i ordered the phone (4/28). does anyone know what the status of this item is? was it a special release by verizon?

i hope they sell more of these ... [>_<]
  22. Mr. Spontaneous

Try talking to a CSR (via *611) and ordering it by the model number listed in the first post. At the very least, they should be able to tell you when they expect a new batch to be in.
  23. cocushio

cocushio New Member

great, thanks - i just spoke to a rep and placed my order. strange that it's not listed on their website ?? i wonder why.
  24. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

Anyone try the BodyGlove case? I bought one and I love it. It sort of reminds me of an otterbox case. It also has a belt clip that is removeable so people who dont like belt clips can set the case up without it. It also has a nice rubber coating on it that makes it a non slip case. It is a bit thicker than the case that the OP posted but the "Girth" feels good LMFAO :D Also the case is felt lined inside so no scratching here.
  25. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

I have the bodyglove case and am not sure I'm keeping it. While it does what it's supposed to do, it does add a lot of bulk to the phone.