Pics of websites pages saved to SD?? WTF??Support

Last Updated:

1. TexasDave

TexasDave Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched all over and cant find why I have 2000+ picures of web pages on my SD card. I bought the phone new soooo.......... WTF? There are pictures of damn near every website I have been on. Why? How do I get rid of all thoese pics/files and get my SD card cleaned up? Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Are you using stock browser or 3rd party browser?

3. TexasDave

TexasDave Member This Topic's Starter

Stock, not rooted. I dont even have any apps DLed. Actually It is 4000+. I deleted some priceless moments from the DCIM and had to recover them. Thats how I found all the site pictures.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Are you sure the pictures are of sites you visited? Any chance they could have reused someone else's sd card for your new phone?

And you did a recovery of the sd card? In that case I wonder if Android saves temp files / images to sd card, and then deletes them after you finish browsing. By using your file recovery software, you may have recovered all the deleted content...

I'm not sure Android works this way though, because you can still browse sites without a sd card.

5. element4life3

element4life3 Active Member

Saw the same thing on my phone. I had a couple hundred screenshots of websites. I also use the Dolfin browser, but almost always use stock. I guessed it was some sort of temporary dump for websites or something, as AndroidSPCS said.

6. toddpedersen

toddpedersen Well-Known Member

Those .jpg's are on the sd card in the folder of: .bookmark_thumb1 and are stored for faster website page rendering.