pics: Seidio Sapphire Blue Innocase II+Screen ProtectorAccessories

Last Updated:

1. td.tony

td.tony Member This Topic's Starter

Case:
    First off, the case fits snug and feels great in the hand. It gives the phone just enough heft and grip to hold comfortably, while still keeping the phone very light and slim. The Fascinate is so thin that even with the case, it is now about the size of some other smart phones without a case -___-.

Yes, the flushness of the buttons with the case is just slightly annoying, but I'm already used to it and it works fine.
    I actually prefer the cutouts because I deactivated my lock screen so sometimes the screen would turn on and apps would sometimes be turned on when moving around in my pocket, but not anymore.

Screen Protector:
    I tried the ZAGG invisible shield for about a week, I couldn't stand the ugly rainbow streaks underneath the protector, orange peel effect, and tackiness of the material. It also seemed very hard to put on and the installer at best buys drenched my brand new Fascinate in water while applying it, without even taking out the battery or turning the phone off..

You will see from the pictures below that the screen protector is completely invisible, smooth with no orange peel, and very slick feeling, about 95% as good as the glass itself. Honestly if there weren't any cutouts at the top, even I wouldn't be able to tell there is a screen protector on. Also, I installed it myself in my first try in about 10 seconds, no air bubbles whatsoever. Just make sure you clean the screen well first.

Total cost was about $30 for the case, $10 for the screen protector, $7 for shipping: ~$47
    IMO it's worth it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    SupraLance, simbany1, tjbugs1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

Great looking case. I got my black one today and it fits well also. Nice pics :)

3. tjbugs1

tjbugs1 Well-Known Member

How easy is it to take the case on and off? I use a car and home dock but would like a case to put on it when on the go.

4. td.tony

It's pretty easy to take off, just push down on the back of the lower piece with your thumb and pull apart. It's still pretty secure even though it's easy to put on and off.

5. simbany1

simbany1 Member

Nice review. I've been looking to get this case since it became available. But then I waited after reading Halcyon's review on the not so snug fit (Glad your replacement case fits better Halcyon).

To the OP, did you ever have a TPU case on your SF? If so, can you tell me how the TPU fit is compared to the Siedio, in terms of adding thickness? I've been using my TPU case and going naked off and on. I've had a few cases (kickstand case, cheap ebay hard snap-on case, silicone) and the I like the TPU the best out of all of them. But the only thing that annoys me on the TPU is the covered power and volume buttons. It just makes it that much more difficult to press, but I'm kind of used to it. So I'm still looking for the perfect case for my SF and was hoping that the Seidio would be it. Very interested in the comparison on size b/w the Seidio and TPU case though. Thanks!

6. td.tony

Sorry I have not tried the TPU case so I can't compare it.

IMO the perfect case would be the Innocase II with covered side buttons that work well. I really like the fit and finish of the case itself, especially the feel of the material, very soft yet slightly grippy.
    But, I really wish Seidio went with covered buttons.

It's not a deal breaker for me but it could be for some people as it can get pretty darn annoying sometimes to be honest.

7. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for a screen protector, what kind did you get?

8. SupraLance

SupraLance Well-Known Member

@tony, Have you seen the pictures of the Seidio ActiveX under development? Sounds like what you are asking for, but only in black. Do you think the added thickness would be worth it to have covered buttons?

@je78, He got the screen protector from Seidio as well as the case.

9. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I found a few other reviews about the Seidio screen protector and found one on eBay for $7 shipped so I picked it up.

10. td.tony

@Supra: Yes I have seen those pictures, but I can't really tell just how much bulkier it would be than the innocase II. Although, I do like the sleek look of the innocase II much better.

I'd be really interested in reading a review soon to see if they got the covered buttons done well, unlike one someone else pointed out earlier where the buttons needed some effort to press the buttons.

Although I'm a little concerned that the slightly hard to press covered buttons might be an issue with the phone and not the case, because of it's very small plastic buttons.
    I hate to bring in another iPhone4 comparison but the iPhone4 definitely wins in the materials and feel of the the volume and power buttons, they feel awesome even when covered. But that's about the only area they win against the SF..in my opinion that is..:D