• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help pics to sd

KimB

May 22, 2010
I have received pics taken with an iPhone and sent to my X2 via text messages. In my files, the photos show up under internal phone storage, not sd storage. If I long press on the pic, the option "save picture" is there, but if I choose it, it goes to my gallery and creates a file "Messages" which contains the pics. Is there a way to get these to my sd to make sure I don't lose them when upgrade time comes? Or will the "Messages" file transfer? I lost pics with my last upgrade, not knowing they were internally stored rather than on the sd and I don't want that to happen again. Thanks for any help!

Thank you for the help. I'm sure that works because it makes sense but I spoke with a friend who has a Droid X and she said if she long presses on a picture, even if it came through a text message, the option is there to save to sd card. Mine doesn't say that and I don't know if it's maybe a difference between the X and the X2. I have an option of "move" and if I select that, it says "image has been moved to internal storage." I have selected "save image" and a folder has been created by doing this, labeled Messaging; and is located under files, internal phone storage. Do you know if this file would transfer if I upgraded and had Verizon transfer info from my phone to the new one? Thank you for your time and your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones