• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picsay quality.

int3rpo1

Lurker
Sep 4, 2010
I just bought Picsay pro and love it! My DInc takes great pictures in the day, and my so-so night pics can now be fixed to look quite decent. Anyway, question is this. When I chose to get a picture to edit, it asked me what size I wanted for it. I chose maximum size and chose the option to always pick that size. I normally take pics in 8 megs, will a photo edited by Picsay be lower in quality than the original, or just about the same? Also, is there any way I can default the app to just ask me what size I want to edit pics in?(Rather than maximum size being the default)

Oddly enough, it appeared to be bigger than the original. I would almost think the quality got better after editing. But I highly doubt that. Was hoping someone who knows can help me find the answer to my question. I'm sure there's plenty of photography hobbyists here that might know.

Upvote 0
Well it depends on how that program edits files. You can edit a 1mb file in photoshop, and when you resave it, it can be much larger or much smaller than the original, even if you keep the same file type (ie jpg). Even if the file is bigger than the original, it will NEVER be better quality. Garbage In, Garbage Out. You can re-save a file with low or no compression, but it wont look any better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones