Picture folders

Last Updated:

1. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Motorola droid last week and when I loaded a bunch of pictures from my comp to the phone it made several folders in my gallery. Is this normal or is there something I can do?

Advertisement
  2. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Well-Known Member

When you moved them to your phone did you move them individually or did you move folders? What I did was make a pictures folder and put all the pictures from my computer in that folder. You will also have a dcim folder that are pics you have taken with your phone. You might want to check that you dont have a bunch of folders. It should only show the folders that are on your memory card not create its own.

3. ricksievers

I have 5 folders in my gallery, 1st is camera pictures folder with 7 pictures taken with the camera, 2nd is camera media folder which has the same pictures as the 1st, 3rd is all pictures folder which has all the pictures, 4th is sd card folder that has 9 pictures that came from my computer, and 5th my pix folder that has the pictures that I put in from my computer. Is there any way to get rid of 1 or 2 folders? The pictures I put on the phone were in one folder.

4. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Just delete the 1 or 2 you don't want, or you could put a "." before the folder name using a file manager like Astro which hides that particular folder from your gallery. You could also add a "nomedia" file to the folder which hides it as well.

5. ricksievers

How do I delete the folders in the gallery?