Picture Mail (MMS) stuck on "Downloading..."Support

1. Gbones

Gbones Member

I have been experiencing this issue quite a bit. Most picture mail (MMS) get stuck on "downloading" and the picture never shows/displays.

I have tried closing the messaging app and re-opening but that does not work.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there a quick fix for it? Please help.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try rebooting the phone
  3. Gbones

Gbones Member

I have tried that.... doesnt work.
  4. CrossCut49

CrossCut49 New Member

Bump for people who search and find this on Google. There are two possible solutions that you should try.

A. Go into the messaging app and click on settings. Find an option to turn off "auto-retrieve", then go back to the message thread and press download.
    B. If solution A doesn't work, keep auto-retrieve off and disable Wi-Fi. Then go back and try to download the message over the data network.

Good luck!
  5. dvldogg

dvldogg New Member

None of the suggestions that ive read helped with my phone receiving or sending mms. I took the phone back to Sprint, and the technician told me that its a glitch with the updates. He completely stripped the phone then reapplyed the software and the messages go through in under a second now.For anyone thinking of trying to unclick auto retrieve just take it back to the store and save yourself alot of trouble. They will have your phone fixed in under 20 min like mine.​
  6. charlie mack

charlie mack New Member

The problem I'm having its that I cannot send picture mail. I'll try wiping my phone and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip
  7. geekofagirl

geekofagirl Member

If you can take it to a Sprint store or call customer care (*2), they should be able to reset the phone's network settings for you (or give you the information to do it over the phone). Often this will resolve the MMS downloading issue and doesn't result in any data loss.
  8. fr8hlr

fr8hlr New Member

The "auto retrieve" worked perfectly. Thanks