• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Picture message problems

Earguy

Lurker
Nov 5, 2010
Hardware: Verizon Motorola Droid (original with slide keyboard)
Firmware: 2.2

Problem: I try to send a picture message and it won't transmit.

Details:
-This is not the area-code-parentheses problem.
-This is not the 1-prefix problem.
-No error message. It just says "sending..." and it never sends.
-Started about 4 weeks ago, no changes in apps or anything.
-Happens sending to another Verizon Droid phone, in addition to every phone I try to send to.
-I tried deleting the contact and re-entering it.
-I tried deleting all my messages in case there was one that was "hanging up"
-I can try to send a picture message to someone, and it hangs at "sending..." but I am able to send a text message to the same person later and the text message goes through.
-I have tried re-booting the phone, including removing the battery before restart.
-I am able to use the same "share" method of sending the pic from the gallery to Facebook with no problems.
-I've run an antivirus app and it comes up "clean"

Any other ideas?

Thanks gang, this forum has been very helpful to me!

If anyone has any insights on this, it'd be greatly appreciated. I've re-os'd the phone mult. times, wiped, factory reset, blah, blah, blah... When I go to send an mms with a picture I just get "sending..." and evetually (half hour later?) it reports failure sending.

TIA for any help.

Edit: I too am on orig. droid w/ 2.2.1 (CyanogenMod 6.1RC4 at the moment although have tried others incl. stock)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones