Picture messages acting up

Last Updated:

1. DamagePlan

DamagePlan Member This Topic's Starter

So today I got a message from a friend and in the message log it just talls me who it's from, the file size and when it expires. I have an option to download it but it fails every time. I doesn't give me any details that I know of it just says it was unsuccessful. The weird thing is that yesterday I got a pic from the same person and it worked fine, thumbnail and everything. What can I do to get this picture? Or make it work correctly in the future? They say they sent it the same way as the day before.

Advertisement
  2. diplomat2387

diplomat2387 Member

Is this after you did the update? I am having that issue with MMS too after I did the Sprint Update they release...

3. DamagePlan

It was before the update I haven't gotten anything after so I don't know yet

4. diplomat2387

diplomat2387 Member

Oh okay...

5. DamagePlan

No one else?

6. cwoodards2

cwoodards2 New Member

It has nothing to do with the update. This has happened to me on more than one occasion. I am using the Handcent application. I have been asking the sender to resend and after it has been resent, it has typically worked. I can't say that it is a consistent thing, rather hit and miss, infrequently where I haven't been that concerned. I don't have any answers or a solution; I am posting this so you will know you're not alone. :)

7. MoMatt

MoMatt New Member

I am having the same problem; both before and after the firmware update.

I've tried using Handcent SMS and the default Messages app to retrieve the MMS. Both apps give me an error that says something like "Download of message [title of message] was unsuccessful."

8. DamagePlan

I've noticed that if I have people send SMS messages to my Gmail I can select download and I'll be able to get whatever I didn't get via text. It will say that I'm indefinitely downloading, but if I exit back out I'll have the pic or whatever in my downloads.