• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Picture messages coming in as 5 second video

i was confused about this too. had an online chat with samsung support.....who said sys files receive all image texts as vid files...cannot be changed....however, i have found that if you hit menu key when vid is up, and save to file....actually will say save to sd card.....it will save the file as an .img file and can later be viewed as a pic, with zoom, etc.

Upvote 0
Every picture message I receive, no matter who sends it or from what phone they send it, it comes in as a 5 second video clip. I've seen other threads about this but I haven't seen any real solution posted. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.
Yeah, what Joe said, this is normal behavior on the Strat (maybe all Sammies?)... or you could change the Message program to something like GO SMS Pro, Handcent SMS, or any number of replacement Message apps in the Play Store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones