1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Picture messages too small on my DROID???

Last Updated:

1. itsJDMyo

itsJDMyo Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using a droid and am having problems with receiving picture messages that are the size of a penny! i can send full size pictures but when i receive them, it is sooo small. and when i stretch it out, it looks all blurry. anybody had this problem and is there any way to fix it? thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

I have ever only had one MMS because usually sent by email but if i remember correctly I had the same problem. I found a way to save it then open it up through a viewer. Try long pressing piccie and see what options you get or press menu.

3. itsJDMyo

when i long press the picture, it will show up a box that gives me 2 options of programs to open up the picture with. either "astro viewer" or "image gallery". both will open up the picture but it will still show up small. =/

4. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

The only problem with email is that there's no option to save an attachment to your phone. I often take pictures of our dogs or something that my wife might want to save to her phone to use as a background or something. If I email it to her she can't do that but if I MMS it to her then she can save the image. I wish Google would address the severe lack of functionality on the email piece since it's their bread and butter. No way to save attachments? No spell check? No cut/paste? C'mon Google.. that's bush league.

5. itsJDMyo

anybody have any ideas on this? i just received another picture message this morning and when i tap on it to take a look, it opens up a small picture, about 160x120. please help. it didn't use to do this before, i used to get full size pictures but i think it happened after i updated to FW 2.0.1

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

(nm)

7. itsJDMyo

anybody?

8. itsJDMyo

just received another mms today and the picture is so tiny, when i stretch the picture out, it turns all blurry and not clear. any help is appreciated.

9. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

In your messaging app do you have an option for custom user agent in the settings? Try changing that to one of the other phones listed in there (e.g. Nokia N95), then get someone to send you another MMS.

10. itsJDMyo

i'm using handcent sms.

11. Saku1987

Saku1987 New Member

i'm having the same issue only in reverse. whenever i send a message my friends keep telling me that the pics are tiny and he is using an older phone that we've never had issues with in the past. the pic is saved with the title starting with IMG in the beginning but when he gets them they start with PART. and i'm using the built-in text messaging app. i don't understand it either. it like since my phone did the last update it's been doing this.