• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Picture Messages with Froyo

troddeh

Apr 8, 2010
I can't seem to attach a picture to a text without it being turned into a Slideshow. Before Froyo, I was able to attach a picture to a text and if I left the message area blank, it would not convert it into a slideshow. I am not able to do that anymore. I've tried starting the process from the Gallery and the Camera, but I can not find a solution for it. Is this the same for anyone else?

Yup pretty much. I have also found that if you send a picture with no text to a motorola phone they will not be able to download it. You have to add text to the slideshow in order for them to download it. Tested this on a D1 and a Droid X.
I added text to the "slideshow" and the receiving user did not get the text.

I find the steps for sending a simple picture in a text message rather clumsy and non-intuitive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones