• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picture messaging issue?

YankeeDudeL

Android Expert
Oct 25, 2009
It works and all, but it's kinda weird. It's like the Droid has a diff way of putting together picture messages (like w/ .gif files and such). There's usually a pause, then it starts, but each transition is slow and then after it shows, you then get whatever messaged was typed in. My g/f sends me stuff from her LG Dare, and it's all put together as it should be. It's been this way for both the stock messenger and Handcent. Is there a preference option I need to tweak?

i have asked this before without really getting an answer. i really would like to know also why ill have a blank screen for 5 seconds or more then the pic pops up for 2 seconds and then goes away on its own then i get the text that was with it. very anoyying. Ill somtimes save the pic to my gallery just so i can view it without it dissappearing on me. also if u tap the screen as to zoom you will notice a play/pause bar as if it was playing the pix text in video format an the pic shows up at the end. anyone know whats going on and how to fix it?

Upvote 0
It might just be us, but I tend to have bad luck when I post a thread. Just yesterday I made one, that only 2 people responded in and right after someone posted almost the exact same thing and they get all sorts of responses. And why don't I have a violin playing while I whine?! lol

Anywho, I'm sure we're not the only ones. I may be a simply tweaking of preferences, but darned if I could figure it out. I've only used stock and Handcent.

Upvote 0
I have a DROID 2 Global by MOTOROLA last night it did an update to the gingerbread. Today my test msg photos all all messed up. I sent a text msg a couple of days ago with a photo. Today that photo is showing up as the same photo on all the photos of the thread. When I push on the photo to open it and view it the orginal photo shows up. This same phone is also showing on another past test but only in one of the photos. Again when I push on it to view it the orginal photo shows not the one showing on the thread. I have turn it off, taken the battery out, added hadcent for text msg. This seemed to start after the update and I signed up for skype. Verzion has no idea what is wrong. I do not want to take my phone down to factory settings and loss all my email and text msgs. Any thoughts how to fix? Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones