picture messaging woes

Last Updated:

1. tpottebaum

tpottebaum Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I've noticed today that sending a picture messages takes a loong time on my Droid--considerably longer than on my old feature phone. Usually, it takes around 3-4 minutes. One picture took around 10 minutes to send. My apartment has bad reception, but when I sent these messages I had 3g and 3 reception bars.

Is this normal? Any idea as to what's up?

Advertisement
  2. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

Sometimes it could be something with Verizon or sometimes it could be something with the phone itself. I wouldn't sweat it, though. If this problem were to happen outside, where you've got full bars (because sometimes the phone may say you're connected to 3G when you're really not) then that's when you can probably look into it.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to DROID's section to see if you get more responses. Good luck with your device!

3. bluemsw

bluemsw Well-Known Member

One thing to consider is the size of the photo. The other would be the brightness of the photo. Most non-smart phone only seem to take a 1.5 to 2 megapixel photo. where the droid is a 5 meg. The other thing that can affect the size it the brightness of the objects in the photo. the more dark or black the photo the smaller data size. Another think that could happen is that your signal could be changing or getting worse at a speed that the phone indication can keep up with. One thing I have noticed if my wifi is on and is switching between hot-spots or between 3g and wifi it can make data transfers take longer.