picture messaging ?Support

Last Updated:

1. Patkid

Patkid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I used to snap a pic on my Samsung Sway, was given the option to send in a message, then it resized and off it went.
    How do I snap a pic and send in a message on my incredible?
    Please and Thank you.
    I have the manual downloaded and printed all 206 pages and still don't understand the resizing.
    sorry to be a dope

Advertisement
  2. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

After you take the picture a small curtain will pop out, you select the one with the dot and arrows and select how to share... email, facebook, mms, etc...

Took me a second glance too!

3. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

When I did this I sent it to my buddy fine but it resized the picture too small for him to see. When I looked at it in my sent messages it was too small. What is up with that?

4. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

How did you send it? By Messages?

5. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Yes. At least it looked too small on my end but now my friend responded to the message as if he read what I sent fine. It was text from this forum and it was unreadable on my end but he responded with no issues. I wonder what's up with that.

6. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

When you send it via SMS it will resize it. I can't remember what the default size is but it's somewhere around 300k. That means your 3mb picture gets compressed and resized big time.

htc-thc likes this.
  7. Patkid

Sending pics is one of my most frequent activities on my phone............there has to be a simple way to do this....................my sway did it wonderfully! I hope someone can help.

8. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

It will auto resize the picture when you send it via Messages. Couldn't be simpler. Open camera, take picture, hit the share button, select sharing method.

Patkid likes this.
  9. Patkid

I will try this!! Thank you for your kindness, NKT (must stand for: Nice, Kind, thoughtful!!)

10. Patkid

okay, I did that: recipient says the pic is sooooooooooooooo tiny he can't make it out???

11. HardHitter

HardHitter Member

I noticed this too. I had my friend who also has an Incredible, take a picture and send it to me. It took up maybe 1/4 of my screen and was small.

12. ubet

ubet Well-Known Member

Just attach it as an email for god sakes its a smart phone

13. jawknee720

jawknee720 New Member

Okay well how about this. I have the Incredible and i absolutely love it. My girlfriend and a few of my other friends have the iphone. For some reason when i send them picture messages they dont receive them. Yet when i text people on the verizon network they get them no problem. Is it the at&t network? Or is it a compatibility issue between the iphone and the incredible? Obviously i can attach photos to an email but i should be able to send an mms. I had the motorola droid before my incredible and it was able to send and recieve mms from at&t iphones no problem. any suggestions? tried vzw tech support...huge waste of time. :confused:

14. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

How dare people expect to be able to send pictures in a text message. They are so difficult and uncompromising. Anyone who says anything is not ideal is a whiny hater!

Of course, if the person you picture text doesn't have a smart phone, they won't have access to the picture from their phone. But then, I'm sure you put about 1/10 of one second worth of thought into this post before you hit submit, so it's understandable. Why so angry?

15. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Personally, I just changed my camera to 5mp so that the pictures I took stopped being too big. Thus, they stopped being re-sized to crappy, grainy thumbnails.