Picture (MMS) messages won't downloadSupport

1. TalkieToaster

TalkieToaster Active Member

I have a problem with MMS picture messages, where I can't download the picture, I get the message "Message Expired or Not Available", followed by "Download of message New Message from <person> was unsuccessful".

I have no idea what started this, does anyone have a suggestion how to fix it? I really would rather not completely reset my phone again.

Advertisement
  2. SprintTechJosh

SprintTechJosh Well-Known Member

If you know the MSL on your phone I would try doing a data profile update. You can accomplish this by going to your phone dialer and hitting ##data# and then enter in your 6 digit MSL code. This will make the phone reprovision itself. If that doesn't work, or you don't know your MSL. Head to a Sprint store and see if they can call Sales Support for you to look at your account and make sure theres no texting restrictions. Also Sales Support can send some refreshes to your device and sometimes that clears it right up.

Find a service center here: http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/locator/
    Make sure you check the "Repair centers near me" box before doing the search.

If a store is too far to drive and you want to call Sprint yourself it's 888-211-4727
    TalkieToaster likes this.
  3. TalkieToaster

TalkieToaster Active Member

Thanks! the location for MMS messages in the phone was reset to a wrong URL after it was reset a while ago. I got the MSL and was able to correct the URL, and now it works.
  4. 1stkira

1stkira Active Member

Im having the same problem with my vm optomis v, I can't send or receive mms
  5. jmo562003

jmo562003 Member

What is the MSL? I've played around with ##3282# but not very sure about what's what in there.