Picture of the Bravo and Passion next to each other

Last Updated:

1. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since there is a lot of talk over if the Passion is the Bravo and their similarities I have tweaked the unlockr pic for proper perspective and put it next to an enlarged picture of the new Bravo. I also put the DROID next to them.

The Bravo and Passion look very similar especially with regard to screen size. While a DIGITIMES article says the Passion is 3.5" I'd say it is actually the same size as the Bravo's 3.7", based on this pic comparison. Perhaps the DROID is a little narrower due to being 480x854 vs. 480x800.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

Interesting WonderB. May I call you WonderB?
    I think its a dope nickName.

I'm gunna go with you on this and say the Passion/Dragon's screen is larger than 3.5

Would be TITS if the Passion supports 720 like the Bravo!

Nite, er Morning...

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

No phone right now supports 720p. However, the DROID with its resolution does support a native 16:9 picture @ 480p. A 480x800 screen would not be able to support a 16:9 without borders. I can create 16:9 full screen videos on my DROID with no borders. That being said, OP is right in that the Passion/Dragon/Bravo will have a 3.7" screen, likely to avoid any potential app compatibility like when the DROID was released, although 2.x supports different screen sizes/resolutions.

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I can't see how you measured the Screen size purely based on the Images , They could have been taken at different lengths , the Camera could have been closer to the object compared to the others hence showing the size of the phone as larger or smaller than actually is ...

You could be correct tough , Just I think comparing the photos by putting them side by side is not accurate.....

5. SoCalMiles

SoCalMiles Well-Known Member

He's close enough. Everyone is claiming it's 3.5 in. now and it makes the most sense. No way it could have been 4.3 in that unlocker pic.

6. tenma

tenma Member

You're assuming all the phones are the same height. But if the Passion really has a 3.5 inch screen, it would be shorter. All that picture really shows is that all the phones have the same aspect ratio.

7. Aerimus

Aerimus Well-Known Member

It definitely is hard to compare things from a picture like that, because scale is so hard to determine. However, I'm glad to see that these screens won't be quite as narrow as the droid screen. The droid screen kinda bugs me.

8. SoCalMiles

SoCalMiles Well-Known Member

you could determine scale from a couple things. The HTC branding, the buttons. He's not going to be a 100% but he'll be pretty close. It's just a quick comparison...and the way all the rumors are shaping up...he's pretty close.

9. elementfire180

elementfire180 Well-Known Member

I like the way the Passion looks over the Bravo. It looks cleaner. I don't really like all those buttons cluttering up the bottom!

10. Spriter

Spriter Well-Known Member

11. onion

onion Banned

No question. Its 3.7". This is going to be one sick phone.