Picture Quality

1. STLcardinals

STLcardinals Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to be that great. Heres a couple of pics I took with it for example....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem great in what standard? For a cell phone, I'd say those are excellent.

*seems like SOMEONE thought 8mp meant it would be like their point and shoot*
  3. STLcardinals

I think its way too grainy and distorted.
  4. RedsGT

RedsGT Well-Known Member

Yeah, blurry. Seems like the autofocus just sucks.
  5. nickoakdl

nickoakdl Well-Known Member

It is. You have to compare it to other phones though.
  6. SteveChiller

SteveChiller Well-Known Member

those pics kinda suck, maybe have a shaky hand. mine come out great.
  7. stas333

stas333 Member

i have also noticed that picture quality is not great. i mean its much better than my tp2, but i thought it would be much better with the 8mp
  8. It's not about megapixels but quality of lens etc. Nokia had years ago N95 with Carl Zeiss lens and cam was 5 megapixels and quality was excellent. High megapixel number only sounds impressive until you look at quality of the lens etc.
  9. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

These are all taken with my HTC Evo...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last one (below) was taken with the FRONT FACING CAMERA even.

[​IMG]

To everybody saying it sucks for a cell phone, you're doing it wrong.
  10. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Those are amazing quality.
  11. stas333

stas333 Member

those pics are not bad.
  12. Dracostian

Dracostian Active Member

First, for a cell phone, those aren't that bad of quality.

Next, what you're really running into is the automatic adjustment of the ISO for darker images. If you take a picture in full light, you'll see an amazingly clear image. If you want to get a less grainy picture in darker settings, go into your settings in your camera and change the ISO setting from Auto to a low number ISO. Keep in mind, the lower the ISO, the less light you're going to see in the image. If you're in a dark area and use ISO 100, you'll get a pitch black picture.

It's mostly here about the lens and your sensor size (and some internal workings). Forget about Megapixels.

If you want a high quality image in darker light (and keep in mind, just because you see huge lights in a stadium doesn't mean it's well lit for a picture in the area you're taking!), you end up in the realm of digital photography. I have equipment that will take amazing pictures in the same setting you have there, but it cost over $2000 and on the fastest lens has a lens opening bigger than the Evo :).

All in all, I'd be happy with what you're seeing, but feel free to tweak the settings if you want some better performance.

Adding in after the fact: I don't know if the Evo has a fixed Shutter Speed or not, but the other important thing to consider is that as the phone needs to gather more light, you're going to have a slower shutter speed, normally (for auto adjustments). Slower shutter speeds mean blurry images. Really low shutter speeds will give you a blurry image if you even breathe. This is the normal working of a camera.
  13. jeffla

jeffla Member

Wow, those pics look great. Now all I need to do is shrink you down to a manageable size so I can stick you in my pocket for whenever I need to take a picture.
  14. BrianFX

BrianFX Well-Known Member

Wow, chick's a total hottie, nice setup there (blondie + EVO) :)
  15. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

Lol thanks brian. I showed her the comment. She giggled and possibly blushed. She's put up with a lot from me over this phone.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk
  16. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

Lol I laughed pretty good at that one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  17. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

i think its great
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
  18. purersaga

purersaga New Member

Are you using the default camera app?
    weezyweazel likes this.
  19. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Aw love her hair. I'm dying my hair blonde as well lol
    But the ops pix and his pix look great.

I just took some pix for my Facebook just a few moments ago and uploaded them and my friends don't believe that they are taken on a camera phone. Evo has good quality in my opinion

Sent from Carmen's HTC Evo
  20. STLcardinals

I was able to get a bit better of a picture tonight before the sun went down...

[​IMG]
  21. kennyfte

kennyfte Member

These are from my EVO as well.. No complaints here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  22. Mecha

Mecha Well-Known Member

This photo is absolutely ridiculous. The rays of light piercing the clouds is especially awe-inspiring.
  23. kennyfte

kennyfte Member

Normal settings too. I love this phone more with every amazing picture it takes. Heres a video just to round it all off..

YouTube - View from my seats @ Citi .
  24. gt33

gt33 Well-Known Member

25. digo21

digo21 Active Member

When I take pictures in dark areas using the flash people seem to glow. I think its because the flash doesnt turn on long enough and thus the camera is still adjusting to the light. Any ideas or settings that will remedy this?