picture text messages from iphoneSupport

1. Yambao GoLion

Yambao GoLion Member

Hey guys im pretty new to this. So i upgraded to a note and this is my first android device. For some reason when my wife sends me a picture text message from her iphone its coming in as a 5-10 sec movie file. I cant seem to save the picture so i have to end up taking a screen shot and cropping it from there.

When i send her a picture text from my phone she gets it without any problems.

Any idea why this is happening

Sorry if this was brought up before

Advertisement
  2. TheGeek

TheGeek Well-Known Member

It's an issue all around.

I don't have my Note yet, but I have a Galaxy Nexus and when someone sends me a photo from an iPhone it comes as a video. Even my friend who has a Droid sent me three pictures and they came as a 10 second video clip that changed pictures; not just individual pictures.

Hope that helps you.
    Yambao GoLion likes this.
  3. Yambao GoLion

Yambao GoLion Member

Thanks dude thankfully i can edit screenshots with the phone
  4. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I had this issue with my Evo as well, so it's an iOS to Android issue it seems.
  5. Depdog

Depdog Member

It's deff an AT&T issue. I have a bud with the Skyrocket and any text message he gets or sends with a pic attached is a 10 second video clip.

He is a modder and has yet to fix or find a fix for the issue. Hopefully ICS will fix it.

Glenn
  6. TheGeek

TheGeek Well-Known Member

ICS doesn't fix it. I have a Galaxy Nexus with ICS and it still happens with Android phones and iPhones.

I've not found a way to get it to stop. It's frustrating when I want people to send me pictures. I have no use for videos.
  7. KY Jellie

KY Jellie New Member

Hey Everyone,

I too have migrated over from iOS and am getting used to this phone.

I have seen the pictures play as a video in the messages, but I have been able to save the picture files as picture files without screen shot.

In AT&T Messages app:
    Hold down stylus/finger on picture in the conversation bubble for a second and a pop-up will appear asking to save to SD Card or Phone

In the Messaging app:
    After the picture "video" plays, press menu> attached items, check off the image name and save.

Hope this helps.
    Jesse S likes this.
  8. itsnowornever

itsnowornever Member

I dont ever use the stock sms app, the market apps dont have this problem.
  9. jblaze5779

jblaze5779 Well-Known Member

Use gosms pro
  10. daytonaviolet

daytonaviolet Member

also try kakaotalk. its sends/recieves mms (pics, vids) with no problems :)
  11. 05GT

05GT Well-Known Member

When I receive photos from my girlfriends Note it's the same thing. So I don't believe that it's just iPhone related.
  12. ItalianHunk

ItalianHunk Well-Known Member

I have an HTC Inspire and I've recently noticed this also. It only happens when someone sends me a pic via text from an iPhone.
  13. aprilm30

aprilm30 Member

just have the person send with no text with the picture and it will load fine .. the issue comes with iphone you can send a pic and text in the same "little text bubble" when you do that you get a video with text and pic ... if they send the pic alone .. then you get the pic.
  14. Rsoaker27

Rsoaker27 Member

I've been eyeing the Note since it came out. I currently have an iPhone 4 and
    me and a couple of coworkers always use the voice recorder
    to sent messages back and forth vs using standard text because we all drive
    trucks for our jobs...I was in the AT&T store today and recorded a message
    using the voice recorder which sounded great on playback
    but when I sent it to my iPhone as a text it showed up as voice memo
    but didn't give me option to open/play the sound attachment??
    Any suggestions