• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help picture text messages from iphone

Hey guys im pretty new to this. So i upgraded to a note and this is my first android device. For some reason when my wife sends me a picture text message from her iphone its coming in as a 5-10 sec movie file. I cant seem to save the picture so i have to end up taking a screen shot and cropping it from there.

When i send her a picture text from my phone she gets it without any problems.

Any idea why this is happening

Sorry if this was brought up before

It's deff an AT&T issue. I have a bud with the Skyrocket and any text message he gets or sends with a pic attached is a 10 second video clip.

He is a modder and has yet to fix or find a fix for the issue. Hopefully ICS will fix it.

Glenn

ICS doesn't fix it. I have a Galaxy Nexus with ICS and it still happens with Android phones and iPhones.

I've not found a way to get it to stop. It's frustrating when I want people to send me pictures. I have no use for videos.

Upvote 0
Hey Everyone,

I too have migrated over from iOS and am getting used to this phone.

I have seen the pictures play as a video in the messages, but I have been able to save the picture files as picture files without screen shot.

In AT&T Messages app:
Hold down stylus/finger on picture in the conversation bubble for a second and a pop-up will appear asking to save to SD Card or Phone

In the Messaging app:
After the picture "video" plays, press menu> attached items, check off the image name and save.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jesse S
Upvote 0
I've been eyeing the Note since it came out. I currently have an iPhone 4 and
me and a couple of coworkers always use the voice recorder
to sent messages back and forth vs using standard text because we all drive
trucks for our jobs...I was in the AT&T store today and recorded a message
using the voice recorder which sounded great on playback
but when I sent it to my iPhone as a text it showed up as voice memo
but didn't give me option to open/play the sound attachment??
Any suggestions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones