Picture to big to text?

Last Updated:

1. Devildog83

Devildog83 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there some settings I would need to change before I take the picture? To clarify, I take a picture with my EVO camera, then I go to text message and insert the picture as an attachment, but when picture comes in, it says it is to large. Any help please. Thanks.

P.S...typing this with SWYPE...its amazing.

Advertisement
  2. jadoe05

jadoe05 Well-Known Member

When it says the pic is too large it auto resizes it. Try to send anyway. I know the phone should make it more clear, but it should work.

HTC EVO FTW!!!!

3. sdezrilov

sdezrilov Well-Known Member

I see this message when I am in a low service coverage area, it's only been a problem a few times for me, but will still send if persistant. A weak signal is the only reason I could think of, I may be wrong...

4. horadin

horadin Well-Known Member

That message pops up for me regardless of signal strength. It automatically resizes it and sends it.

5. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Get the Handcent messaging app in the market. When you go to send P-mail it automatically resizes it for you.

Otherwise you can only send pics through email with the stock messaging app.

6. horadin

horadin Well-Known Member

That is not true. The stock messaging app resizes the pics and sends them just fine. I do it on a regular basis with no issues.

7. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

Terribly false. The stock messaging app is absolutely capable of sending a picture or pictures. You are taking an 8mp picture with the Evo camera, for it to send it via text message, it needs to resize it SOME and it does so automatically. The pictures still look great on the receiving end. I've seen pictures sent from my Evo on my wife's Hero, an iPhone 3g, and a 3gs.

8. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Well I was thinking of my Hero. It wouldnt send MMS from the stock app so I assumed the Evo wouldnt. I guess we all know when you assume...

I never even used the stock messaging app. I immediately downloaded Handcent upon getting my phone so I never tried sending something with the stock one. My bad.