• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picture upload app to ftp server

completetech

Lurker
Mar 29, 2011
I may have missed it by possibly no searching the correct wording but here is what I am looking for / hoping for.

I would like to take pictures from my EVO and instead of uploading them to picasa I would like to upload to a FTP server I have at home or office.

Then of course once in FTP server in a "pending" folder have them resized then moved into a folder named according to day of the week etc. But here is the kicker.

On the EVO when trying to upload to say picasa, you can choose a caption but not a way to rename the file itself. which is what I am looking for. I want to be able to take a picture of some required pictures for a job I am doing then when taking the picture and choose the FTP server have it prompt for a name. then upload that picture with that picture now being named what I choose and put then in a temporary folder which then of course on the FTP server (ubuntu most likely) will resize it to something of a reasonable size I choose and be then put into a different folder.

Any ideas or suggestions? I am kind of at a loss as to what would do something like this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones