• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picture viewer not working with Facebook uploads

bmagsipoc

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
This is a big issue that has just popped up recently. I've been uploading pictures to Facebook from my HTC Hero, just going into the picture viewer, clicking on the picture to bring it up, long pressing the picture and selecting the option to upload it via Facebook. It gives me the message telling me my picture is being uploaded and to check the status bar. Everything seems to be okay so I hit the back button and it takes me back to the main gallery where pictures and videos show up. I click on the all photos link and nothing happens, it just stays in the main gallery. I turned the phone off and turned it back on and the all photos link seemed to be working again so I started uploading more pictures to Facebook. After uploading 1-2 pictures ran into the same problem again, the all photos link is not working. So I turned off/turned on the phone again, went back to the picture viewer and this time it's giving me an error "no pictures or videos found". Used Astro file explorer to check the contents of my SD card and the pictures are physically there but not showing up in the picture viewer for some reason. So I used Astro to pull up the pictures and uploaded one to Facebook. It uploaded, but for some reason it deleted the picture from my phone after the upload was finished. Anyone else having these issues?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones