Pictures and sound disappear. Any ideas?Support

Last Updated:

1. 305Cane

305Cane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ive searched, found nothing on this matching my specific situation.

Ive noticed when i either browse my files with Astro or use the phone as a disk drive and manage my files from my computer, all pictures no longer become viewable on the phone after re-mounting and all saved ringtones/notification sounds are removed from the phone. Any ideas?

ive tested and re-tested both consistently.

I can go into astro and find the pictures in the files. I can do the same on my computer. However, i cannot view the pictures through the gallery app.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Have you tried removing and re seating the SD card?

3. 305Cane

yes i have. no dice.

4. 305Cane

Anyone?

5. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Hey. This just happened to me earlier today. All I did was "unmount" my SD card, power off phone, removed and cleaned my SD card with a microfiber cloth, reseated the SD card, then turned the phone back on. After turning the phone back on, resist the urge to immediately check to see if your music and pics are restored; just let the phone sit for several minutes. Then go to the "Music" and "Gallery" apps (not the widgets) to see if your music and pics are back.

Alternatively, you can just try unmounting the SD card, then turn the phone off (without removing the SD card) then turn the phone back on. You may have to do it a couple of times but it should work if your files are still on your SD card. I had to do this about 3 or 4 times. I'm good to go now.

Whatever you do, do NOT format your SD card unless you absolutely have to. The unmount/power off/power on method should work, eventually...

Also, try "AndroZip" instead of "Astro." Maybe the software is the problem. With AndroZip, I manage my files from my phone with no problems... I still haven't figured out why my music and pics disappeared in the first place.

6. 305Cane

essex, i appreciate the advice but it didnt work. im honestly not sure why it would constantly remove added files from the GUI.

7. 305Cane

anyone else able to reproduce this issue?

8. 305Cane

Bueller? Bueller?

9. 305Cane

sigh...this is still happening.

10. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I'm having a similar problem, it seems to happen randomly. Sometimes my phone will just stop giving me notification tones (all of which are stored on my SD), and then I look and it says "no SD card." Then when I turn it off and back on, it all comes back... and then will randomly disappear again sometime later.

The really weird part is that my apps I have on the SD card still work even after this happens!

My SD card is about half full, mainly with the apps I moved over after Froyo. When I go to Astro File Manager after the ringtones disappear, it shows nothing at all.

Note: This did not happen until I upgraded to 2.2 last week, and since then it's happened 4 or 5 times. I installed the 2.2 RUU from XDA myself, via the root on my 2.1.

HALP.

11. 305Cane

well this is still going on. i just got back from vacation and some video i had on the phone refuses to play. ill be really pissed if i lose all my videos. The phone was a great 2nd option when my DSLR was too big to take, but the way it is managing media is infuriating.

12. pc386

pc386 New Member

Two days ago all of my music and photos stopped showing up on my phone. They were all still accessible through file managing programs, but not the gallery or music players. This morning while using Astro I noticed a file name Nomedia. I deleted it and now all of my stuff is back. I have no idea where it came from, but that seemed to be the cause.