• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pictures attached to text messages

I use Go SMS for my own messaging, which has another way also. I see the picture in the message, tap and hold, I get a popup menu to Forward, Delete, etc... the bottom option is Copy Attached to SD card. From there, it pops into a Download folder in my Photos. I will say too, I went back to the Stock messaging app to check for ways, and OMG my eyes got sore in a hurry. Go SMS spoiled me...

Upvote 0
Yes and I have. Click on the picture from the message and 3 icons appear at the bottom of your screen. You choose the right one and then you check the box to save it.

That doesn't work on my Apex. I also have to tap the picture then touch the screen to get the save option to appear. This "touch the thing you want to work with then touch the screen for options" is not intuitive, and I've found it works for other things sometimes, too.

Upvote 0
Any idea as to why any picture sent via MMS is TINY in size (like 30kb) regardless of how big the original picture is? Very annoying.

I am on the site searching for an answer to this very question. It is extremely annoying to me that all mms pix are tiny. If I save them, then I can resize them to fit the screen, I would like to know if I can make them fit the screen when recieved without saving.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones