Pictures for contacts not updatingSupport

Last Updated:

1. MalfunctioningRoboticBoy

MalfunctioningRoboticBoy Member This Topic's Starter

I looked through the forums but didn't see any answer to this issue; I have a DINC and when I logged in to Facebook the first time and linked the photos they all showed up; but now when people update their picture, it doesn't update on my Incredible.

I tried logging out and back in then 'resyncing' it again to no avail. Any resolution to this problem? I see that some Evo and Hero users are having the same problem.

Advertisement
  2. eipee73

eipee73 Well-Known Member

This was actually somewhere on the forum but:

Open People
    Select Online Directories
    Choose Facebook
    Press the Menu button
    Press Refresh

This should update all the pictures.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Link. 5 posts down in the tips & tricks forum.. Try a search next time.

Forum tools -> search this forum

4. MalfunctioningRoboticBoy

unfortunately, that didn't work. I can see it update in the "Online Directory" but it never changed in "People". I tried logging out of Facebook and clearing all the Facebook data on the Incredible but it's like its caching the old pictures and won't update.

5. MalfunctioningRoboticBoy

Well, seems the only way to do it is to delete the Facebook acct. from "FriendStream" and sign back up again. Thanks....feel free to lock/delete thread.

6. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Not sure but I have been having this issue since day 1 with the Dinc. I just went into Menu>Accounts & Sync> and clicked on Facebook for HTC Sense and then removed the account. I then added the account back in, manually synced it again, then went into my address book and moved that little icon over the Web (or world Icon) and chose Facebook and then hit the menu button and had it re-sync all those contacts and now they are all properly up to date! Finally. Now I just hope it updates them manually instead of me having to do this every now and again.