Pictures from the moment to pc?Support

Last Updated:

1. pattonthegen

pattonthegen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This might be a dumb question, but I will ask it anyways :D

How do I pull transfer picutres from my phone to my pc? I figured it was like any other phone i have owned (connect phone via USB to pc and just drag pic's from the phone to the pc). However it doesn't seem to work that way with the moment. I took several pic's with my phone this weekend that i want to load on my pc so I connected the moment via USB cable to my pc but i don't see any way to access the phone's info.

Is there some trick to get my pic's straight from my phone to the pc??

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. colettak

colettak Member

You need to "mount" the phone on your computer. Basically, check your notifications bar when you plug in the phone, and touch the notification about usb. When it asks if you want to mount it, say yes.

Then it should pop up on your computer.

Make sure you unmount it, though, before you just unplug the phone.

pattonthegen likes this.
  3. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

Yes, do what is stated above. It should be in your DCIM folder under Camera. :)

4. pattonthegen

Thanks all, I will do that.

5. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

You can also get pixelpipe pro from the market and have your photo's back up automatically to virtually any photo site (ex. Picassa, facebook).

6. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

I picked up a paid app called websharing file/media sync. from the market. using it over your home wifi network you can transfer files either direction. admittedly, i usually just plug the phone in however.

7. pattonthegen

Weel I seem to be running into a problem when I plus my phone into my pc via USB. Once i mount it and open the folder up for the camera and select all my pic's then past onto my pc i get a hard stop error after about 10 - 15 sec's saying something like device not responding or device could not contuine because it is not set up (something like one of those).

It goes through the motions of copy over all the pic's but after a few sec's i get the same error and it just stops.

Any idea's ?

8. pattonthegen

Update:

It seems the error is caused once the phone goes into sleep mode.....so guess the trick is to keep the phone from going into sleep mode while I am working on transfering files to the pc.

Have another question:
    Is there any way/app out there that lets me organize the pic's on my phone? I noticed the phone its self seem to have not clear organization to the folders it puts your pic's into (example: I have one folder for All pic's, camera pic's, contact pic's, and two downloaded pic's folders for some reason). I don't see anyway to orgranize them via the phone or anyway to hide certain pic's.

So is there an app (or function on the phone) that allows me to organize my pic's

Thanks all

9. pattonthegen

So anyone have any suggestions for an APP/or function on the phone for my above question??

10. carpino

carpino Member

I have filezilla installed on my pc and FTPserver app on my phone. When i need to transfer pics I just fire up both of them, no need for a Usb cable. All this using my Wifi network.