Pictures in gallery don't focus to their maximum clearnessSupport

Last Updated:

1. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So with my awesome 8 mega pixel camera I like to take some pictures, and then show them off (obviously using the gallery). But I noticed they turn out good, but if you zoom in a little, like pinch to zoom, then zoom out to the normal size (when the picture originally appears) it gets crisper and soooo much clearer. It's unbelievable. Try it, You'll see what I'm talking about. It's only with pictures the phone takes.

I have tried pulling up a picture and waiting for it to auto focus (like it would load or something), but nothing happens...No matter what I do or how long I wait....

So does anyone know why this is? I have to pinch and zoom in, then zoom out to the normal size to get the best quality of the photo when viewing it in the gallery and this is getting old.. Anyone have a solution to this?! Thanks again!

Advertisement
  2. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

some times i have to zoom in then back out to see a clear picture.

Its a little bug, but it bugs me a little.

3. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

I also experienced this problem. My original though was that the phone just took some time to fully render the image, but with its processing power, that should be instant. With your test of waiting to see if it would auto focus not working, I believe it is a bug.

I believe it is still displaying the image at the resolution the thumbnail was at, so when it was enlarged, it looked pixelated.

4. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

Wow I just checked this out and it's the same for me. I hope there's a fix for this.

5. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

See, told you guys.. I don't understand why either. It should load the normal resolution. And there isn't any settings anywhere to change this. I mean we could probably fix this once we get root, but I don't want to wait that long lol..

This is really annoying! lol :cool:

Btw, 3D gallery isn't any better...

6. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

I just noticed this today as well. The pictures are not in focus. I haven't tried the zoom in/out trick, will try that now.

7. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

Yup. Even when I zoom in and out it is still a little pixelated.

8. azak

azak Well-Known Member

I've definitely noticed this before and it has been bothering me. Though, IMO, the pictures look fine zoomed in using the stock gallery app. But, when I use the Nexus One-style 3D gallery app, the quality of the pictures zoomed in is very poor. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the resolution of the picture when you zoom into it is the same as the thumbnail...so the resolution is not being enhanced when you are zooming into it. I have no idea if this issue exists in the actual gallery app of the Nexus One, or if this app just isn't entirely compatible with the Incredible.

9. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

having this problem as well.

anyone find a fix for it?

10. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

anyone?

11. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member