Pictures in Gallery Fuzzy??Support

Last Updated:

1. jandk

jandk Member This Topic's Starter

So, I can see the pictures in my gallery, but when I view them full screen, they are not QUITE sharp. So then when I zoom in a just a little and wait a second, the picture gets totally in focus and sharp, and when I zoom out to full screen size, it is fixed and sharp, but I would like them to display as completely sharp when I first pull them up. Kind of nit-picky, but I am constantly showing people pictures on my phone, and it is kind of a pain. Anyone else having this issue? I tried to search but couldn't find anything. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Mine are quite sharp full screen... what's the source of your pics? Internal camera? Check settings when in the camera function.

I have pics from the DI and my 1D Canon series sharpened and resized from raw at 800px max and they look flawless full screen. Something just doesn't sound right.

3. jandk

Yes, mine show up sharp full screen, but first I have to zoom in just a little, wait for them to sharpen up, and then when I zoom back out they are sharp like they should be...hard to explain

4. ab187

ab187 Active Member

If I had to guess it is programmed to do that to prevent lag when you quickly scroll through pictures. Just a guess though.

5. jandk

I hadn't thought of that but I guess that could be it...

6. secretspy711

secretspy711 New Member

did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem on my Evo and it's driving me nuts. I have tried the other "3D gallery" which seems to fix the fuzzy problem, but it's got it's own problems...i.e., I can't sort by newest first and its slow to load.

7. moto500

moto500 Member

I have same problem except when i zoom back out, it gets fuzzy again. Someone must know how to fix this!

8. secretspy711

secretspy711 New Member

Get the QuickPic app. Solved it for me.

9. moto500

moto500 Member

Thanks, is this the free one? or the .99 one? Never-mind, i'll try the free one first.

10. moto500

moto500 Member

Now, how do i make this the default picture viewer? So when i'm in camera mode and tap the small picture at the bottom make this app start.

11. secretspy711

secretspy711 New Member

I have the free one.

To set QuickPic as the default:

go into settings > applications > manage applications > "all" tab

find Gallery

tap "clear defaults"

the next time you're in camera mode and tap the small picture at the bottom, it should ask you which app you want to use. check "use as default" and tap Quickpic.

12. moto500

moto500 Member

Thanks again! :cool: