Pictures misteriously deleted!Support

1. Instinct User

Instinct User Well-Known Member

I went into my phone's gallery earlier today and noticed all of the pictures in the "Camera pictures" folder were gone with the exception of one picture of my son that I took last night. Took the sd card out and put it into the laptop and still couldn't find the missing pictures (about 300 of them). Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, were you ever able to get them back?

Advertisement
    :
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I haven't seen any evidence of this being a Moment issue, but missing files and file corruption is a general sd card issue across all devices. When the card in my digicam corrupted, I tried about every free/shareware recovery program I could find with no success. If you do a search in download.com, you'll find a bunch. Maybe one will work for you. I'd be wary of the ones that search and then report they can recover xxx files if you pay. Not a help now, but there are several free solutions that will allow you to automatically or manually upload pics to Picassa, flickr, facebook, etc. At least you can prevent future loss. Good luck.
  3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I have issues with the 3d gallery on my moment where all of my pictures disappear from time to time and then come back without the thumbnails. They're all still there though on my phone, the gallery just keeps losing them. I'm about to flash a different rom soon though so hopefully that takes care of the minor issues I have been having.
  4. Instinct User

I used a flash card recovery program to find the missing pics, but after doing so it wanted me to pay $50. It did actually find them because it allowed me to preview them. Is anyone aware of a similar program that's cheaper or free?
  5. ovrrdrive

I went through the same dilemma a few years ago and after trying about 20 "free" data recovery programs I did finally find one that worked but that was several computers ago and I have no idea which one it was. There are tons out there. Keep trying and you'll find one.
  6. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

This just happened to me last week. All of the pictures from my son's birth up till last week (over 200) are all gone. :(:(:( Same results as well, I took a picture of something on my truck went into gallery, 1 photo. The one I had just taken.
  7. Instinct User

Wow, that sucks. I had some pictures from my daughter's 1st birthday party that were deleted so I can feel your pain. I'll keep looking for the free recovery program. If anyone else finds one first please let us know.
  8. futurelao

futurelao New Member

I suffered one data loss experience, but not for the reason like you. I lost photos during transferring.
    Anyway no matter for which reason, the first thing you should do is to stop saving new data on card.
    I get back all my lost photos with Wondershare Photo Recovery.
    It can recover lost photos, videos and audios from digital cameras and coputers.
    If you don't have any experience in recovery, follow the step-by-step guide to recover your lost photos.

Good luck
  9. Bigprimo

Bigprimo Well-Known Member

Just an FYI but when you download apps from the market place they tell you before you install they will/have ability to delete SD files! Not sure the full in and outs of that process but it does say it so that could be a possibility.
  10. strra

strra Member

this happened to me the other day, actually... not my pictures but my apk folder. i connected via usb, mounted, transferred the file, unmounted, then looked it up on root explorer and *bam*, the entire folder was gone... lost my entire inventory of apks... was less than happy
  11. ovrrdrive

I've noticed something like that too sometimes on my phone. It seems if I transfer a big file with the phone conected via usb that when I access the file on the phone sometimes they disappear. I can go back and load it again via usb and check the filesize and it shows 0k on the filesize and if I access it it goes away again. Then I pull the sd card from the phone and load the same file with a reader and put it back in the phone and it works fine.

I've seen that several times on different kinds of files. Idk if it matters but I'm rooted and running dearmasfamily's custom rom right now but I had the same issue on joeykrim's too.
    Eazail70x7 likes this.
  12. M_child

M_child New Member

Anyone know what the issue is? I recently bought a 8 gig micro sd and when I installed it and transferred some music and pics to my phone it seems like I keep losing my pics and music
  13. ovrrdrive

Are you rooted/custom or still running the stock rom?
  14. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Same here, I've lost numerous files somehow after transferring big files onto my SD Card. I think somehow it ends up deleting stuff to make room for what you just added and don't know why its doing that. Especially when it should just let you know from the jump if you are out of space, rather than deleting files.

So wack. Thankfully I already had the files backed up on my laptop and just re added them to my card. Such a pain though
  15. M_child

M_child New Member

I downloaded 2.0 from the sprint site shortly after I bought the phone
  16. srthomasva

srthomasva New Member

I just got the Moment on Friday, I had 300 contacts, and 1,800 pictures and videos that I've had for 2 years. I've never had any problems with any other phone using my SD card. Fortunately, I'm still able to have access to several hundred of the pictures on Sprints picture mail online, and I save the important ones on my computer. This phone also doesn't hold a charge. Tomorrow, I am picking up yet another phone from Sprint:( When it's plugged up, the phone says it's not charging, how ironic! Does anybody know if there's an online album available on the Moment, like on other phones?
  17. tinynipples

tinynipples Active Member

After I installed a few simple apps, I found all my photos missing. I tracked them down using astro file manager, and found they were inexplicably turned to raw files and no longer jpgs.

Any one have a solution to that?
  18. tinynipples

tinynipples Active Member

After I installed a few simple apps, I found all my photos missing. I tracked them down using astro file manager, and found they were inexplicably turned to raw files and no longer jpgs.

Any one have a solution to that?
  19. kbrn

kbrn Well-Known Member

it just happened to me last night I was looking at some pics and in different folder a lot of my pics are gone.. good thing is that I had 2 back ups cause I'm that much of a freak when it comes to my pictures lol
  20. MsStroke2You

MsStroke2You New Member

I used File Explorer and all of my pictures and videos were in the Lost.Dir folder. Now, I have to figure out how to convert them back fo video and image files :confused:
  21. Instinct User

Checked my old micro SD card and the same thing happened. That's where they all disappeared to. Hopefully there is a way to convert them back :eek:
  22. rjdhill

rjdhill Member

what room are you guys running i also have ahd this happen to me with music and pics lucky i got backups of pics . but my music and costum rings are all not being recognized. and even some of the stock ringer are gone. tried 2 different roms thinking it was the media software and nothing switched out the sd card and same old same old. this really sucks

runinng TIX 1.3 with jit. came from 1.8.22 and then back to TIX 1.3 .
    what ever it is its media related cause they all show up on my daughter phone hacked droid.
  23. pearlmckardy

pearlmckardy New Member

No matter how you have lost your photo files, the automatic recupero foto utility will easily recover the lost photo and video files very quickly. So, use the tool and get your mysteriously deleted photos back.
  24. pia24

pia24 New Member

hi i am pia
  25. pia24

pia24 New Member

hi i am pia and i too had this problem but later recovered it by going through this link which i got through google search. The software was able to recover photos from digital camera under varoius common data loss scenarios.