Pictures not sorting correctly...

Last Updated:

1. myxmastrmike

myxmastrmike Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I've figured out how to make seperate folders to sort my pictures...
    Ive got folders like:
    Pets
    Friends
    Food & Drink (yes i take pics of my food lol)
    Landscapes
    etc, etc...

For this I just made a folder on the root of my sd card and named it "pictures" and in THAT I put all my sub folders, and the gallery detects them all just fine...

Today, I finally got around to organizing the pics in each folder. Like the ones in pets, I have pics of my dog, cats seperate, cats together, kittens when they were born, bearded dragon, etc, which were just all in the order I took them. To organize them better I decided to rename them... so I did:
    Dog_01
    Dog_02
    Dog_03
    Cat_01
    Cat_01
    Cats Name_01
    Cats Name_02
    and so on....

Now when viewing the folders on the computer, everything shows up correctly, in the correct order... but when I unplug the usb cable and let the sd card remount, and view them on the Evo, they're still the way they were before, but they have the new file names I gave them. Did some looking (long press on the picture and view details) and I noticed that its sorting all the pics in order of the date they were taken (most recent being at the bottom).

I looked over the settings all over the phone several times, and I cant seem to find a way to change this..
    Its not a deal breaker by any means of course, but it does go to a slightly long list of little quirks with android/Evo that irk me slightly, that I would literally pay money to change/fix if I could (with the ability to set each alert type/sound independent of the others so I can silence everything BUT my calender alerts, which i use as my alarm each day)
    But yeah.. love my Evo... you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead hands LOL!!

Thanks for any help!!

Advertisement
  2. myxmastrmike

myxmastrmike Member This Topic's Starter

Figure i'll give this a top one time, just in case...
    If nothing comes of it, maybe the incoming Froyo-ness will fix this ;)