Pictures of contacts linked to facebook issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. diodorus

diodorus Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Since I got the 2.1 Android upgrade, the picture of my contacts linked to facebook users do not update automatically anymore; so if a friend changes his profile picture on facebook, the new picture is not shown in "People". This was not the case before.

Any idea?

Thanks,
    diodorus

Advertisement
  2. jwaitetran

jwaitetran Member

yeah I have the same issue, can't figure it out for the life of me

3. diodorus

I just tried a reset to (2.1) factory settings (which wiped away any apps and settings that was kept from the 1.5 version), but that didn't help.

I wrote to HTC, let's see if they answer...

4. umshamrock

umshamrock Well-Known Member

yep, i have the same problem...

5. diodorus

Hello,

I got the following answer from HTC:

There is an issue with this in Android 2.1 and we are currebtly working on it, Hopefully we will be able to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I was wondering: is the only way to fix this a firmware update, since "People" is not a Market app?

6. diodorus

anyone...?

7. LLWesMan

LLWesMan Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue.

8. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

It is the same on the custom roms, Mine took a while, but left to its own devices finally sync'd all streams. Try clearing all FB data in applications manager and removing the HTC sencse facebook app, the in applications page on the Facebook try deleting Facebook for HTC Sense. and the re install FB for sense on your phone and re sync!! It works for some, not for all

9. philc387

philc387 Active Member

I've got a problem with my facebook contacts but it doesn't seem to be the same one that you guys have. All the same I'd be grateful if someone could help. Basically after the 2.1 update all my contacts were still there but were not synced with their corresponding fb profiles. I synced my phone with fb and the contact pictures appeared but I then also had every single one of my fb friends phone numbers on my phone. I don't want this and it didn't work like this before the update. Before the update I synced my contacts with their facebook profiles without adding every single one of my fb friends. If I choose not to sync with fb the unwanted entries dissappear but then so do all the contact pictures, even the ones that I want. If I then try to sync contacts individually it can't find the persons name. To make matters worse I can't even delete the people that I don't want individually. If I go to someones details and press the menu button it doesn't give me the option to edit or delete. Please help because I hate having loads of unneccessary numbers in my phone. Just to add, when I go directly to 'People' I only see the contacts that I want to be there. Its when I press the 'call' button that I see all my fb friends and their details. Thanks

10. pb71

pb71 Member

Phil, i'm glad you saved me the job of explaining my problem, cause i have exactly the same issue. I've done all what you have done, and it is driving me made!! Hopefully someone will find a solution!! Please!!!

11. shadders139

shadders139 Well-Known Member

i also have the problem of facebook profile pictures (including mine) not updating and its annoying :(
    lets hope htc come up with a solution soon

12. shadders139

shadders139 Well-Known Member

is there still no solution to this? has HTC said anything more to you?

13. MikeyR1

MikeyR1 New Member

I'd be more worried about the 2.2 update coming in the next week or so

14. philc387

philc387 Active Member

any updates on this issue with facebook contact photos not updating?