Pictures show under phone dialer/contacts but not texts?Support

Last Updated:

1. miltownsho

miltownsho Member This Topic's Starter

Can't remember if this was working before I had to do the factory reset on my Epic, but I think it was...

I have my Facebook account synced and it shows the pictures under my call log, contacts, dialer, but does not show the contact pictures in my text messages?

Anyone know how to fix this, it really annoys me seeing a bunch of empty picture slots when looking at my text message list.

Advertisement
  2. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

Are they separate contacts in your list - maybe they need to be merged?

3. miltownsho

Well if I hit menu when looking at a text and select view contact, it shows phone number and pictures... so I don't think that's it. :mad:

4. miltownsho

No one else?

5. flmike73

flmike73 Member

I'm having the same issue. I have a friend that also has an Epic, but pictures are showing up in his messaging app. Not really sure what we did different.

6. miltownsho

Hmm, I knew it worked before...

Maybe I should just go get the EVO, I have two days left to return it. At least my GPS would work and be accurate all the time. Amazed that even when GPS works how bad its off usually. :rolleyes:

7. flmike73

flmike73 Member

I don't know. I'm only 10 days in and besides this I'm getting network connection errors.

With my luck, I'd go get a new one and it will have some other issue.

8. miltownsho

I had a network connection error, had to do a factory reset to fix it... :rolleyes:

9. irwinm

irwinm Well-Known Member

had this same issue after I reflashed to the stock rom - facebook pictures showed up in dialer and contacts, but not in text messages. I fixed it by going to "Accounts and Sync" in the Settings menu, and deleted all facebook accounts there. Then I rebooted the phone, went back there, used "add account" and added facebook (the top one that says contacts sync), and then it went through the setup again for facebook contacts sync and they are now back in the text messages.

10. Sebnotic

Sebnotic Well-Known Member

I just tried this because I got the same issue and it worked.

nicaprincesa likes this.
  11. blimbo2005

blimbo2005 New Member

i never wrote on a forum before so i hope i am doing this right. it will not accept the pictures that you have synced from facebook. what i had to do was download pics onto my phone then select them as contact images now i have pics next to all of my text and their pics show up when i call them or they call me. step by step i went and saved pics from flikie wallpaper to my phone. then i went into my gallery and hit save as, then selceted contact icon, picked who i wanted his saved and done. :D