1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

PIM app : Agenda Pro

Last Updated:

1. Koxx

Koxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

after Pure widgets, I'd like to create a full agenda/PIM application.

what kind of features do you expect.
    Please give priority order to your requierements.

I think I'll be able to start this new dev quickly.

For me the most important :
    +++ a good reminder management (silent periods, repeat, popup ...)
    +++ a good month/week/day view
    ++ tasks view (interface with Astrid / gTasks)

Where does your experience come from ?
    What app should I have a look to have ideas ? (Pocket Informant, Agendus, what else ?)

Put screenshots to explain what you what.

Advertisement
    braj likes this.
  2. Koxx

developement started !

[​IMG]

3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

I come from a Palm background and while I don't use a PIM intensively, I'd love to see these 4 things:
    - An alarm AT the time of an appointment, not just pre-appointment reminders
    - Programmable reminder alarm that will sound every X minutes until it's turned off, both before and after the appointment time
    - Something back-up-able to the SD card so that if a full reset of the device is needed, you can re-load in the calendar
    - Something searchable by an all-device searcher (i.e. the search will look through contacts, notes, AND the calendar)

Hope that's the kind of stuff you're looking for!

braj likes this.
  4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

If we could see something even remotely like Agendus or DateBk, I would be very happy. My experience has been with Psion (still the best Agenda program I've ever used), Palm, WinMo and iPhone.

The main things I'm looking for are:

View flexibility: Day, Week, Upcoming, Month and Year views with full functionality as regards scheduling/alerts in all views except year view.

Alert functionality: I like the ability to schedule alerts, including email and text alerts, and the ability to dismiss/snooze alerts.

Highlighting: I like the ability to highlight certain events to make them stand out on the screen, for example, being able to color an event, or mark it with an icon. Automatic highlighting like Agendus does is really great (if the event description contains the word birthday, the event is automatically marked with an icon of a birthday cake).

Integration: it's nice to be able to click on the where field and be taken to Google Maps, or to click on a phone number in an event to dial that number. I would also like to see contacts integrated in with Agenda Pro.

Search: let me search all fields of events, including location, contacts, etc. without having to leave Agenda Pro.

That's probably plenty for now :).

Thanks for soliciting feedback; your widgets are very highly thought of, so I look forward to seeing Agenda Pro evolve.

jim

5. srothkin

srothkin Well-Known Member

DateBk6 on Palm was my favorite. Nothing I've seen yet comes close.

Everything (all attributes) must be able to sync somewhere and be easily restored/synced back if I had to replace the phone. Over the air to google/rtm would be ideal, but over wifi to my desktop would be a reasonable backup.

6. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

I'd love to have it fully backed up to the SD card, too.

I was on a business trip with my Treo last summer and the thing flaked out on me, and I didn't have my laptop or desktop along. Thankfully I was able to restore contacts and calendar from a backup made to the SD card.

7. Beauborg

Beauborg Active Member

I second this. At the moment it seems impossible to dial a number in the calendar - I'm reduced to writing it on a bit of paper then keying it in manually! :mad:

8. reidbo

reidbo Well-Known Member

Several threads i've come across regarding an agenda manager was the fact that it takes an impossible amount of time to put in an agenda or contact. streamline that process would be a big hit. Any way you can combine calander/agenda/contacts into one program?

9. no_basho

no_basho Member

Definitely looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

10. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

I manage a small (4 person) department. I keep their agendas on my phone.

It sure would be nice to color-code the entries based on keywords. I miss being able to do that like I could on my Palm devices.

That way I could see which person was involved in what activity at a glance.

BTW, I'm also a Pure Grid purchaser.

Dan

11. sudermatt

sudermatt New Member

Looks good.

One thing I liked about PocketInformant in the WM world was each view (month, week) would show you the detail below.

So if I was looking at a month, and I clicked on a day....all appointments in that day would be shown in a window at the bottom.

If I was looking at a day, and I clicked on an event/appt, the details would be shown in a window at the bottom.

This allowed me to quickly see and find what I needed.

I really miss that in the Android environment.

BTW...I'm a PM/BA and would be happy to help with testing :D

12. pmdied

pmdied Well-Known Member

I've read conflicting articles stating that Google has an open platform and others (I believe from Iambic's website) stating that Google will not open its API for Calendar and Tasks, in effect making integrated programs like Agendus very limited in scope and functionality.
    Koxx, is this true and if so are you finding these issue to be a hinderance to the development of a true PIM replacement?

13. Koxx

currently, this is true.
    Calendar API is hidden inside Android
    Tasks API is completly closed (I still don't know how gTasks discover this API).

14. JackFrost

JackFrost New Member

Bump.

Is this project still alive/in development?

I'd love to find something with functionality like DateBk6 on my Palm.

In particular I miss Advances (seeing an appointment 'teased' on my calendar x number of days before it actually occurs - good for e.g. birthdays or meetings requiring preparation, etc.), flexible snoozes, and user-defined templates. I miss categories too.
    And, personally, I'm not interested in syncing to the 'cloud'. I'd rather sync to my desktop - Outlook if need be (at least it's kinda universal)

Hope the project is alive - I'd love to check it out.
    J.

braj likes this.
  15. BMGRAHAM

BMGRAHAM Member

As others have commented, I want something like my Psion Agenda featuring:

1. To do lists that can be viewed in the calendar.
    2. Repeating to dos and events with every permutation you could want.
    3. Cross out todos when done.
    4. Display a To do "x" days in the agenda before it is due.
    5. Prioritized to dos.
    Are you still planning this PIM app?

16. riskaa

riskaa Well-Known Member

One of my favorite PIMs is Agenda Fusion. Here is a link to their website:
    Agenda Fusion 8 for Pocket PC. Manage your time like a Pro.
    The different views - day/week/month/agenda, and customizable icons (from various icon packs) made it very versatile. Also the expandable task lists...(subcategories).

riskaa

17. chrs

chrs Well-Known Member

To those of you posting that you want something like datebk, note that the author of datebk has just come out with a calendar for Android, called pimlical. (screenshots here)

Others to look at (both for Koxx and for others reading this thread wishing for good calendars) include Calendgoo, Business Calendar, and Pocket Informant. All three have betas out.

My feature wish list:
    • Fast date and time picker...see PI and Calengoo for good examples.
    • Searchable using the search key
    • Sync options--active exchange sync or google calendar sync or usb sync with outlook.
    • Full featured repeat options without bugs. This week I'm on vacation and have been trying deleting single events in series (since my weekly meetings aren't happening) and the only calendar that has done that with no bugs was the stock calendar. But it's pretty limited in the options for setting up new repeating events.

18. riskaa

riskaa Well-Known Member

Chrs,
    Am i right in thinking that Pimlical does not sync with outlook yet (without going through google calendars)?

19. chrs

chrs Well-Known Member