Pimlical ... the new DateBk Anyone using?

Last Updated:

1. Crosley123

Crosley123 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone using Pimlical? I'm a long time Palm guy and have used DateBk for eons. Love my new Incredible, but the calendar is terrible.

Pimlical seems like an answer and I hear there will be a phone side application this year.

Thoughts? If you did it, exactly what steps do I need to do to move everything?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member

The Pimlico guy (last time I checked about a month ago) is still working on an Android client. I think Pimical is mostly a hold over until that happens. I'm anxiously awaiting an Android version of Pimlical (or DateBk... whatever he is going to call it). Haven't heard anything yet though.

-v

3. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Love a Datebk for Android, as long as it had some sort of syncability with the cloud.

4. ExPalm

ExPalm Well-Known Member

I'd pay $50+ for datebk5 on Android, I still carry my Palm TX for daily reminders.. The standard Android calendar is completely useless.

5. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member

I'm a soon-to-be ex-Palm user too and I've really grown used to DateBk's functionality. However, I've played around with Google Calendar (on the web) and it seems like a pretty nice calendar. So I was hoping the Android version of "Google Calendar" (which I assume is the standard calendar loaded onto every Android phone) would be decent.

Is the standard calendar loaded onto every Android a really "dumbed down" version of Google Calendar... is that why everyone complains about it?

Yes, PIMLICO is going to have a huge surge of downloads (and profit for the gorillas!) once he releases it. And I really do hope it sync's with the cloud. I'm "going cloud" wherever I can and not looking back!

-v

6. mdaatty

mdaatty Member

I agree with ExPalm: the good folks that brought DateBk5 (and its previous incarnations) to us long-time users of the Palm OS could be overwhelmed with downloads when they release DateBk for Droid. The standard calendar doesn't begin to compare with the flexibilty, functionality, and ease of use that we had had on our Palm devices running DateBk. As for paying $50.00 for the droid version, the longer I am forced to use the clunky, silly (the date and time wheels remind me of "The Price Is Right"), and difficult-to-sync standard calendar, the more reasonable $50.00 seems to be. Thanks!

7. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

The best apps came from palmOS. I don't remember seeing thousands of fart apps and soundboards on Palm.

8. DannyVandal

DannyVandal Active Member

I too am looking forward to this release.