• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PIN code has no limit so there is no OK button

JGD

Lurker
Jul 6, 2015
Hi,

My daughter's Android ran out of battery and now we can't enter the phone.
This is what happens when you boot it:

1- It asks to draw a pattern to get in. That seems to go ok because she remembers that.
2- The phone goes in and you can move around the screens for about 10 seconds.
3- The phone locks itself and asks for the PIN code, saying that 2 attempts are remaining.

This is where we can't proceed. When have the pins, puks and everything. But The PIN doesn't seem to have a limit, we can enter as many characters as we want, there is never an OK button to use the PIN. It should be a 4 digit number but we cannot use it.

Any ideas what's going on?
Hint to get back into the device?

The phone is a HUAWEI Ascend Y330-U01
I can go into Google Device Manager and see the phone there. I guess I can install something remotely as well ad so on.

Thanks.

Maybe your daughter put a pin on the sim? (something I've never done so dont know how it works)
U tried her date of birth? Default is usually 0000 I think but I don't want you wasting attempts and locking it.
I'd go to the carrier shop and get a replacement with same number (takes minutes in the UK)
(although the fact it's locked could make them think it's stolen so take some ID associated with the account)

Reactions: RA_BH and Hadron
Upvote 0
I used to use a SIM PIN, so am surprised it takes so long to kick in. I'd ask her whether she enabled it. As Funky says, there's a default PIN, but it shouldn't enable itself, and there should indeed be an ok button. If you get it wrong 3 times you need the PUK code to unlock it.

But in any case, the carrier ought to be able to sort it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones