PIN-Code (SIM?) IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mortific

Mortific New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 5, 2010
    Hey, first time poster. Sorry if there's been similar threads, I couldn't find any and the problems of some I found didn't relate as much.

I've been having a strange problem lately, that has never appeared before.
    Every 5-10 minutes or so, when I bring it out of sleep, my Desire wants me to insert my PIN-code again. It's never a full reboot of the phone, it's brought out of sleep with the annoying addition of having to insert the PIN-code. I was wondering if anyone could help with this, or refer me to similar problems with the same device. I know there could be a million possibilities, of course, but the problem is so irregular and varying, sometimes lasts hours, sometimes 5-10 minutes. There isn't anything physically obstructing the SIM-card, neither is it out of place (fitted perfectly into the slot). It just seems like the phone looses contact with the card itself. There are also nothing physically wrong with the card it seems, while the problem might be indicative of the phone simply losing it's connection to the card, perhaps due to age or physical injury, the problem of course doesn't occur when I disable the PIN-code completely. Disabling the PIN-code entirely is the obvious solution, but I want to be rid of this strange problem regardless. Moreso if the phone is still initializing the SIM-card regularily without my knowing because I've now disabled the PIN-code and perhaps draining the battery or something.

The only thing I've changed with the phone recently is installing newer versions of LauncherPro, a homescreen replacement but I haven't seen anyone reporting similar issues in relation to that app.

Update: I bought a new SIM-card just as a latch-ditch effort (needed an update anyways), which temporarily fixed the issue, before returning again a couple weeks later.

Any help would be appreciated!