pin screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. Giannis

Giannis Member This Topic's Starter

hello everyone,
    i just bought a new LG P500 with android 2.2, but I have a very "weird" question.
    I'm from Greece, so the language I set the phone is greek, but when I turn on the phone, on the page that asks for password, everything is in german.
    Can I somehow change it to greek there also??

Advertisement
  2. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

That's weird. I don't see this problem (I've set it to greek in order to check this for you, and I get a greek page asking for my pin. (so you know I'm not lying, it says: Plhktrologhste ton kwdiko (weird, I was typing this in 'character map' with the symbol font, but now it's lost :( anyway it looked like that ;) ) h = eta w=omega.

What firmware do you have? I have V10B.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello Giannis, welcome to Android Forums.

There are apps in Market which address boot animation, lock screen and home screen language. Perhaps a search on, "Greek lock screen" or some such in Market.

4. Giannis

I have the V10A firmware.. maybe if i turn it to v10b will fix the problem. but when i went the other day to update my mobile, it said i'm up to date.
    i set my language to english and also make a reboot but i took the same screen.

5. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

There's V10C as well, but I'm not (yet) certain that they're consecutive versions; I rather think they're parallel versions. I'm not familiar with LG's firmware naming scheme.

I haven't found out how to get firmwares other than through the download program (which also says I'm uptodate)

6. Giannis

i tried to update my phone, but it says i'm up to date also, even if I am in V10a. where can i download another firmware??

7. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

See the other thread about firmwares

8. Giannis

i finally found the solution to the problem (pin screen). i started the phone without sim card, and there the phone was in german language (i don't know why). I went to the menu and changed the language, so everything is OK now. thanx for the replies!

9. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

Cool. Glad you solved it.