1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Pinch and Zoom QuestionSupport

1. confusious

confusious New Member

Hi new here. Had galaxy s3 for about a month. Annoyed by the fact that I had to SAVE text messaged pictures to my gallery in order to zoom in to see them larger. BUT a friend just got a galaxy s3 and they CAN pinch to zoom WITHIN their text messages!!! Also on my GS3 there is a video play/pause button with each pic & on my friends, there isn't. Contacted samsung, was told it was carrier regulated. Contacted my carrier and was told I should already have this capability! Want me to do a master reset but I will LOSE EVERYTHING! Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't want to LOSE my text history or apps or any settings (it took me forever to get things the way I wanted)! Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. hbryder

hbryder Well-Known Member

It's possible that your friend is using a different messaging app. Go sms lets you zoom without saving.
  3. confusious

confusious New Member

No different messaging app just different carrier. But was told by my carrier AND samsung that pinch to zoom should work in a text. Wanted me to do a master reset which would cause a loss of everythIng except pics & music which could b saved to sd card. Noy happy!
  4. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

pinch to zoom does not work for me on the default messaging app, i dont think its does, if the 3rd party ones did not look so ugly(even with all the different themes) than i would never use the default one