• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pingchat 1.0.6 breaks its install

Dmtalon

May 14, 2010
West Harrison, IN
Anyone else having an issue running Pingchat 1.0.6? When I install it the application links on my phone all break. The shortcut on the home screen, and the main app in all apps both say "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone"

HOWEVER, if I go to the market, and click on Pingchat, it gives you an option to "Open" And if I run the application from there, it opens fine. Restoring (via Titanium Backup) to 1.0.5 fixes it. I tried making sure Pingchat wasn't running and installed again. No luck, same problem.

HTC Incredible
Android 2.2

open apps, then press and hold on ping icon, it should then bring the icon to the home page you are on.

I don't believe you understand what I'm saying(or vice versa). The "application" will only launch out of the market. Neither the shortcut created on the home screen, nor the actual app within "all applications" view will launch it.

Upvote 0
Dmtalon,

Funny I upgraded just fine, yet my partner had the exact same issues you described.

I ended up just uninstalling then reinstalling again. Downside is I think the loss of chats :( She however only had 3 messages and all three were from me so there was no harm there.
R

Do you have to re-register? (i.e. unregister your username/phone number) and set it up again, or is it smart enough to just work signing back in?

Glad I'm not the only one!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones