1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Pingchat 1.0.6 breaks its install

Last Updated:

1. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having an issue running Pingchat 1.0.6? When I install it the application links on my phone all break. The shortcut on the home screen, and the main app in all apps both say "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone"

HOWEVER, if I go to the market, and click on Pingchat, it gives you an option to "Open" And if I run the application from there, it opens fine. Restoring (via Titanium Backup) to 1.0.5 fixes it. I tried making sure Pingchat wasn't running and installed again. No luck, same problem.

HTC Incredible
    Android 2.2

Advertisement
  2. kicko

kicko Active Member

i think the shortcut changed, if you re-add it it seems fine

3. Dmtalon

I tried that first, (delete home screen shortcut, and when I went to re-add I click on it and it takes me back to the home screen w/o any icon.

Also clicking from the main app page (the all program view) also gives me the same error. 1.0.5 works fine.

4. kicko

kicko Active Member

open apps, then press and hold on ping icon, it should then bring the icon to the home page you are on.

5. Dmtalon

I don't believe you understand what I'm saying(or vice versa). The "application" will only launch out of the market. Neither the shortcut created on the home screen, nor the actual app within "all applications" view will launch it.

6. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

Dmtalon,

Funny I upgraded just fine, yet my partner had the exact same issues you described.

I ended up just uninstalling then reinstalling again. Downside is I think the loss of chats :( She however only had 3 messages and all three were from me so there was no harm there.

R

7. Dmtalon

Do you have to re-register? (i.e. unregister your username/phone number) and set it up again, or is it smart enough to just work signing back in?

Glad I'm not the only one!

8. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

It seemed to have all her settings in there when I fired it up. In addition there were a couple of messages that were queued up to be received which suddenly popped through within seconds if me opening the app.

R