Pink ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. NevermoreFU

NevermoreFU Active Member This Topic's Starter

I think I'm having the pink issue. Has anyone returned the device due to this? I took a pic of this site on my iPod touch and the Inc. The thread looks blue-ish on the Touch, but pink on the Inc. Does anyone else's look this pink?

[​IMG]

I miss the official thread... Nobody seems to answer any questions anymore...

Advertisement
  2. xmonkey

xmonkey Well-Known Member

Mine has it. It actually looks pretty damn good if you're around or above 50% brightness on mine, a lot less pronounced. I compared it with 3 others and mine was the only one with a red white balance (i'd say the other 3 were very slightly green), but other than the redness, I preferred my screen to all the other 3... colors seemed more vibrant overall, screen was more clear somehow, and at the same brightness mine was just a bit brighter.

Still thinking about exchanging, though.

3. Optimus Droid

Optimus Droid Well-Known Member

I have three incredible. One of them has a pink screen. I removed my screen protector for a fair test too.

4. majorcovert

majorcovert Well-Known Member

With OLEDs the color can change when the brightness changes. One of the biggest limitations with OLED. With LCD's the backlit cathodes or LED lights just dim which saves power and nothing changes with the LCD. With OLED birghtness is reduced by darkening hues and saturation. The best example of this is just turn down your brightness and notice how grays even get a little pink. There isn't as much power savings when reducing the brightness on an OLED screen as there is with LCD.