Pink Spot issue on EVO camera?Support

Last Updated:

1. oly_demon

oly_demon Member This Topic's Starter

I seem to have the pink spot issue in the center of my photos. I dont see it in all of them, seems to be more in grey days or shooting concrete. THe center of the image seems soft or out of focus.

here is an example (You can see how the center of the image is pinkish and out of focus...)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/olydemo...7624569535782/

I did some searching and see this was an issue with some HTC phones, but it didnt seem to show up in search for the EVO. Has anyone had this issue? Is there a fix for it? Im in the 30 day trial and would like to know before I commit to keeping this device.

Advertisement
  2. oly_demon

oly_demon Member This Topic's Starter

28 views and no comments if this is an issue or not?

3. sykartpro

sykartpro Member

Yep, I have the same issue and as does my bro on his EVO. Even with white backgrounds there's a pink tint to the image. I took a picture of my albino android and it came out with a pink tone instead of being white like it should...

4. dreihll

dreihll New Member

I cant seem to figure out why my camera on my Sprint HTC EVO went pink all of a sudden. No fixes posted. My forward facing cam is fine. Any ideas on how to remedy?

5. fivebass52

fivebass52 Well-Known Member

I wonder if playing with the saturation meters in settings would offset that..... I must admit that I've not seen that on my phone, except when taking flash, and the exposure setting is set too hot....

6. minnebarista

minnebarista New Member

UGH! My camera is psychedelic pink nausea all of the sudden, too. Just happened today.[​IMG]

7. HeyKC

HeyKC New Member

The solution to this problem I have seen is to remove the back cover of your phone and gently press down on the red ring around the lens. The reason for this I have heard is that the camera of the Evo phones can sometimes become slightly detached. Gently pushing down around the lens reattaches the camera and fixes the 'pink screen'. I have had the same problem, though mine was much more pronounced, and fixed it this way. Hope this helps you.

Zeal Harsp likes this.
  8. Zeal Harsp

Zeal Harsp New Member

Thank you so much HeyKC!!! You nailed it! I would have never guessed that or even thought of trying it and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much!!! :D