• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pinterest Bot

ec34500

Jan 11, 2012
I don't think this is the right area to put this, but I tried to access pinterest today on my s3 on 4g lte and it said I'm blocked because they found a "bot"on my network. Does anyone know what this is? supposedly it's a spam thing for pinterest but I never signed up for anything like that.

I emailed pinterest but no response yet. I'm on ST and I found out many people on ST network are having this issue.

What I'm worried about is, is this "bot" harmful to my phone?? how would I have gotten it and how to I remove it.

Honestly I just want to know if it's harmful to my device.

Doesn't mean there's a bot on your phone. Your browser or ISP could have the bot.
I've seen some fora that actually list the bots trolling (fishing trolling) the site. Google has bots, Yahoo has bots, you name it, they have a bot.
Pinterest is the messiest site I've seen but ladies love to keep track of or "pin" whatever they are interested it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones