Pioneer 710BT.....voice dial and name orderGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Hairydawg75

Hairydawg75 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So the Pioneer 710 head unit will do the voice dialing for the phone, and trying it out today with the Incredible worked great with one exception. I have to say the last name before the first. So if the contact is John Smith, I have to say "Call Smith John" to get it to work. My Iphone had a setting I could change to correct this, but haven't found a way to do it on the Incredible. Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. natron888

natron888 New Member

Well... this won't be much help, but I have the Pioneer 700BT, and I can't get the voice dialing to work at all. Did you have to do anything special to get it to work? The phone paired fine, downloaded the phonebook fine, receives calls, even got the BT audio to stream Pandora... but no voice dialing

3. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Well-Known Member

One fix would be to enter the names backwards (put last name where first name goes, etc.). Just a guess.

4. Hairydawg75

Hairydawg75 Active Member This Topic's Starter

The only thing weird was the phonebook download would hang indefinitely. I finally just tried to voice dial someone in my contact list.....it came up with a different name than what I wanted....so I tried saying the last name first because I had a similar problem with my Iphone.....and it worked. Not sure why yours wouldn't work if everything else is running correctly.

5. minidroidr50

minidroidr50 New Member

How did you get the Pandora over BT to work - My Premier 700BT will not recognize my Incredible (6300) as an audio device; will connect to phone no problem and will DL phone book like a champ.

6. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member