• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Pioneer AVIC and Incredible....incredible

So I have a Pioneer AVIC head unit in my truck and it has a USB plug in the back of it. I previously had my IPOD cable hooked to it so I could listen to my IPOD and control it directly from the head unit. On a hunch I unhooked all that and hooked in the cable for my Inc (micro usb-usb cable) and upon plugging it up, it immediately prompted me if I wanted it to use the droid as a disk drive which I selected yes. After about a 5 second pause the same screen I use when the ipod is hooked up popped up. To my suprise, it searched the phone and automatically found the music and then started playing it. and i could control the phone from the headunit hands free....LOVING this new phone. So with this find, I can use the bluetooth to the radio and just put the phone in the console and listen to music from it while not worrying about missing a call. The cord also charges the phone...

This is probably not important to most, but I keep getting more and more impressed...

So I have a Pioneer AVIC head unit in my truck and it has a USB plug in the back of it. I previously had my IPOD cable hooked to it so I could listen to my IPOD and control it directly from the head unit. On a hunch I unhooked all that and hooked in the cable for my Inc (micro usb-usb cable) and upon plugging it up, it immediately prompted me if I wanted it to use the droid as a disk drive which I selected yes. After about a 5 second pause the same screen I use when the ipod is hooked up popped up. To my suprise, it searched the phone and automatically found the music and then started playing it. and i could control the phone from the headunit hands free....LOVING this new phone. So with this find, I can use the bluetooth to the radio and just put the phone in the console and listen to music from it while not worrying about missing a call. The cord also charges the phone...

This is probably not important to most, but I keep getting more and more impressed...

Awesome news :0 I have a Pioneer DAB3100 with USB input/output, I'll have to try this later on to :)

Thanks

Upvote 0
glad you enjoy the pioneer/incredible interface. now a bigger question. are you using bluetooth to connect your phone? and if so, have you figured out how to transfer the entire phonebook?

i have a pioneer avhp4100 dvd player in my car, and while i can use it for bluetooth audio, as a hard drive for audio, and bluetooth phone, i can't get the damn phonebook transferred. any ideas?

Upvote 0
glad you enjoy the pioneer/incredible interface. now a bigger question. are you using bluetooth to connect your phone? and if so, have you figured out how to transfer the entire phonebook?

i have a pioneer avhp4100 dvd player in my car, and while i can use it for bluetooth audio, as a hard drive for audio, and bluetooth phone, i can't get the damn phonebook transferred. any ideas?

The Z110BT does grab the phone book automatically.

To the OP, I would be curious to see which Avic you have?

Upvote 0
I can't say whether or not Pandora will work with the usb connection but I use it all the time with my 2000bt via Bluetooth. It even lets you skip songs with the control knob. Iheartradio works perfectly as well. Also, my incredible is the first phone I've had that connects 100% of the time without issue. I always had to mess with my storm to get it to connect and stream music. I just leave the phone's bt connection on and it connects as soon as the car starts.

Upvote 0
I was going to say; Bluetooth would probably work better with Pandora or Last.fm. What the HU is doing is just reading the phone as a USB drive, nothing more. It isn't playing "through the phone" so to say, but bypassing the phone and going directly to the data. This is apparent when you have files that only the device can read but not the HU(ie: flac).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones