Pioneer AVIC and Incredible....incredibleAccessories

Last Updated:

1. NBbomar

NBbomar Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a Pioneer AVIC head unit in my truck and it has a USB plug in the back of it. I previously had my IPOD cable hooked to it so I could listen to my IPOD and control it directly from the head unit. On a hunch I unhooked all that and hooked in the cable for my Inc (micro usb-usb cable) and upon plugging it up, it immediately prompted me if I wanted it to use the droid as a disk drive which I selected yes. After about a 5 second pause the same screen I use when the ipod is hooked up popped up. To my suprise, it searched the phone and automatically found the music and then started playing it. and i could control the phone from the headunit hands free....LOVING this new phone. So with this find, I can use the bluetooth to the radio and just put the phone in the console and listen to music from it while not worrying about missing a call. The cord also charges the phone...

This is probably not important to most, but I keep getting more and more impressed...

Advertisement
  2. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Awesome news :0 I have a Pioneer DAB3100 with USB input/output, I'll have to try this later on to :)

Thanks

3. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

What AVIC do you have? You should be able to stream via bluetooth if you have that feature on your headunit.

4. slowhat

slowhat Well-Known Member

glad you enjoy the pioneer/incredible interface. now a bigger question. are you using bluetooth to connect your phone? and if so, have you figured out how to transfer the entire phonebook?

i have a pioneer avhp4100 dvd player in my car, and while i can use it for bluetooth audio, as a hard drive for audio, and bluetooth phone, i can't get the damn phonebook transferred. any ideas?

5. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

The Z110BT does grab the phone book automatically.

To the OP, I would be curious to see which Avic you have?

6. NBbomar

NBbomar Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have the AVIC F90BT and yes, it does charge the phone through the usb plug.

I have my phonebook all bluetoothed in, but I did it with my BB before I switched phones...

7. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

sweet I have the avic z110bt too and I haven`t plugged mine yet into I will have to try it later :)

8. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Maybe slightly off topic, but are you aware of the Firmware update that came out last month?

9. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Will Pandora work this way?

10. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

11. MaukaRunner

MaukaRunner Well-Known Member

I tried it on my Kenwood DVD deck and I would say the answer is no. My Kenwood is basically reading the phone as a flash disk so only the stuff on the memory card is read. Not sure if it also reads the internal storage too.

12. Redshift_Zero

Redshift_Zero New Member

I can't say whether or not Pandora will work with the usb connection but I use it all the time with my 2000bt via Bluetooth. It even lets you skip songs with the control knob. Iheartradio works perfectly as well. Also, my incredible is the first phone I've had that connects 100% of the time without issue. I always had to mess with my storm to get it to connect and stream music. I just leave the phone's bt connection on and it connects as soon as the car starts.

13. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Well-Known Member

I was going to say; Bluetooth would probably work better with Pandora or Last.fm. What the HU is doing is just reading the phone as a USB drive, nothing more. It isn't playing "through the phone" so to say, but bypassing the phone and going directly to the data. This is apparent when you have files that only the device can read but not the HU(ie: flac).

14. Akira_Yuki

Akira_Yuki New Member

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has tried this with a Motorola android phone yet? For example I recently got my Atrix 4G phone and would really like to be able to interface to my Avic X710bt with the micro-USB to USB cable by Motorola...anyone know if this is possible?